My (very cool) TDK Bruce Wayne Kitbash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesslemming

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello guys,

this is my newest Kitbash/custom. It is made only with Hot Toys original parts, except for the suit.
The suit is not your average Bruce Wayne lookalike suit, but a really well crafted piece that fits like tailor-made for the HT Truetype TTM21 body underneath. To capture the Bruce Wayne likeness I used the DX12 Christian Bale headsculpt. I added some HT hands (I have a couple of those) for more personality. The suit consists of the following pieces

Master Bruce 3-small.jpg

• Shirt
  • Tie
  • Vest with real funktioning buttons and button holes
  • Jacket with real funktioning buttons and button holes
  • Pants
  • Fully functional belt with belt buckle
  • Shoes with ties

The most striking thing is that the suit has actually functional buttons and button holes, like a real suit. This adds a lot of realism, I think.
The suit fits the ttm21 very well, actually its a perfect tight fit. I dunno if the suit would work with a ttm22, it would perhaps be a bit baggy.

Master Bruce 2-small.jpg

Well, even though I'm happy with the outcome, I think the figure does not fit into my collection. I'm thinking about parting with this figure and trade it for something else. If you like what you see, maybe you shoot me a PM. Fair warning, I live in Europe, though.

Master Bruce 1-small.jpg

My sentiments as well.. It looks too big at the shoulders. Maybe narrow shoulder body would be better

Thanks for your input, guys. I have to agree with you. The shoulders could be a little more narrow.
As i mentioned above I am using a TTM21 (regular) with the new Pop Toys X-10 suit.
I have futzed around a bit with this boy, switching out some heads and so on. It seems that the DX12 BW headsculpt sits deeper in the body than some other sculpts, like the Joker DX11 HS.
Playing around with the neck connector I was able to make the neck appear a little longer.
That helped with the overall "buffness" and the wide shoulders, even though the shoulders still are too wide.

Since it is almost impossible to obtain Truetype bodies anywhere for a reasonable price I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to try a TTM22 slim body.
Perhaps I can find a displayed/used TTM22 for sale somwehere

I'm waiting for a TTM narrow shoulder, but here's how far I've gotten with futzing alone

photo (1).JPG

I agree about the shoulders being to big. Honestly I like it though. Forget about accuracy that figure screams Bruce Wayne in my eyes. If I added a BW to go with my Dx12 IDE prefer it be like yours.

Good job!

Nice job! Bruce is a big boy, I don't think You need a narrow body! Still planning to sell?

Thanks dude, actually I bought a second TTM narrow body and it looked wrong. Futzing around with his shoulders and head position really gave me the Bruce Wayne look and he kind of grew on me. I would still sell it though, but just to cover my expenses I would have to charge almost 150USD

I would, of course, trade for another figure as well. You don't have a 1966 Batman, do you? :)

Back