Buying hot toys from Zavvi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T800kaz

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to know if anyone has bought hot toys from zavvi since they started selling them and what their packaging, prices and release dates are like. I have only purchased blu rays from them so I'm not sure how reliable they are for hot toys figures.

My history with Zavvi...
Ordered Punisher PF, they priced him too low by £100. Got cancelled.
IM LSB, Great price and promptly delivered.
MJ Comiquette, Ordered when instock to be told they were actually sourcing stock. They got supplies after a week or so. Bargain price.
Exactly the same with HT 'Workshop'. Come good and found stock after about a week. Double boxed and arrived in great shape.
I know of others who ordered to be told they couldn't fulfill it.

Alot of their stuff is overpriced but some are reasonable and their occasional 10% off helps.

My experience with Zavvi.
Order MJ Comiquette when "In Stock" only to be told they were actually sourcing stock.
After a few other boardies got theirs I made numerous enquiries about what was going on, each time I got a different answer.
In the end they cancelled my order and offered me a 10% discount code which I had to use within 30 days.

On the other hand I ordered some pants from them and these arrived very promptly.

Still not sure why they are displaying the Superman EX Premium Format when clearly this is not the case.
Personally I'd rather pay a bit more for a better quality of service like I normally get from CollectiblesDirect.
(or one of the French retailers who do some good deals)

Back