First hot toys figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman232

Super Freak
Reaction score
Which would be a better choice for a for a HT figure. I have 2 in mind Batman 1989 or The Hulk both go for $300 if lucky up to $500. Which one is a better choice as it would be my first actual Hot Toys Figure. I like both characters.

It always comes down to "who do you like more?" They are both excellent figures.

I do not really like Marvel, prices also do not know. But if I had to choose it would be the Hulk.
Which one do you prefer in your collection Batman or Hulk?

When will the batman returns figure be release. Also hulk looks pretty bad a$$, is hard to choose also forgot to mention might buy the 1989 batmobile tomorrow.

Given that your username is batman232, that implies you're more of a Batman fan. I have both figures, and while the Hulk is certainly impressive, it has very little in the way of accessories. 89 Bats is better value for money, in that there are greater options for displaying him, since he comes with all his gadgets. It really depends on your future plans, do you plan to buy the other Avengers? Hulk on his own is quite boring.

EDIT: Just read your last post, buy Bats, as the Batmobile is much more impressive with Batman next to it. I have the 89 Batmobile as well. The Returns Batman is a year away at least, it's not even up for pre-order yet.

No clue when the Batman Returns figure will come out since it hasn't even been officially revealed yet. After that it could be a year.

I would get all the avengers but prices are insane. I have a 12inch marvel icons Thor which by no means is as cool as the Hot toys, but for now that'll do. And yes the Batmobile would look much better with Batman on the side, Im leaning towards Hulk since prices are more affordable than the batman. Since you mentioned BR may be coming out next year don't know if I should wait, also they may take out a new Hulk but that could be 2 years from now . Why couldn't I been born rich lol .

Hulk prices are still at a normal level right now, but still about the same as secondary market Batman prices. When the Returns Batman goes up for PO, prices for the 89 version may fall, as collectors sell them on to order the Returns version instead. An Avengers 2 Hulk isn't likely, as i doubt they'll be much difference to the 1st version. Unlike the other Avengers, he doesn't have a new uniform for every movie, unless he has a different colour of ripped pants.

If you have to debate about every figure purchase like this, you're probably wise to avoid Hot Toys (and 1/6) altogether. :wink1:

Yeah might endup getting Hulk, as for the debate part I'm planning to get both but just wanted to see which one to buy first. Also I'm seeing that it's always better to pre order, so from now on I'll keep my self updated and pre order instead of paying more down the road. I just seen the Batman Returns figure and looks amazing. Now to play the waiting game on the pre order. As for the avengers I guess Ill buy one by one . Thanks guys.

I am groot. :rotfl

It's your money sir. If you're undecided buy both or don't. I don't have the '89 batman (more of nolan). Loved the hulk. So hulk for me. PERSONAL PREFERENCES and your money to spent. Enjoy

Yeah I just decided I'm getting Hulk and Banner this week, and will get DX-09 in 3 weeks.

Back