2nd Story Stability?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The place where I keep all of my figures and statues is in a second story office of my home. The house was built 3 years ago and no one has lived there before us, so I know there has been nothing out of the ordinary, flood damage, etc. I have, and have always had this weird OCD type thing about stability when it comes to collectibles. I see people putting Premium formats in Detolfs and it freaks me out, I just assume on things like that there is not enough strength to hold the weight.

I had an entire wall of cabinets built into one of the walls where my statues are displayed, probably 40 or so. I also have 3 detolfs full of 1/6 figures against the walls, each detolf has another figure or two on top. I'm at the point where I really need another detolf for my 1/6 overflow, but my weird OCD thing has me wondering if it's too much weight in one room. I already feel like what I have in there now weighs a (not literal) ton. I have heard things like properly built houses can hold like 1k pounds every few feet on a second story ground or something along those lines.

Was hoping to hear from someone who knows the facts about this sort of thing. I know I'm likely in no danger but I have to ask anyway.

Here are a couple photos of the room, these are about a year or more old, there are a few more things added but this is the basic idea

chrisofficepanoramic.jpg

chrisdisplaycase01.jpg

Not even going to attempt to give advice on something I know nothing about but your setup is top notch bro.

Same as them, no freaking clue but that should be the poster child for the 'How to display your collectibles' forum.

You can fill that room from floor to ceiling with statues,and it will be fine.

Back