HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue_Predator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey collectors,

I am a collector from the UK and for the 2nd TIME my Sideshow AVP Spear has arrived broken...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407256761.721264.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407256772.059451.jpg

I now have to broken AVP spears with bases that are perfect :/

Does anybody know anyone in the UK who can repair these are should I cut my losses and bin them? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407256838.152893.jpg

Anybody who can help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

RP

One Dagger I got was damaged too and I would be curious if anyone has tips for repairing the metal. I thought there was a pot metal solder that may work better than just glue.

Still looking for a spear too.

Your best bet is to drill and pin the broken point and then use milliput or something similar to replace the chip, then paint it. Dont bin it as id be interested

Your best bet is to drill and pin the broken point and then use milliput or something similar to replace the chip, then paint it. Dont bin it as id be interested

Thanks for the advice ;)
I have managed to get a hold of potted metal glue and it is now on and rock solid ;)
Now that I have two :/ lol, I have going to use resin putty to rebuild the chips and fill the cracks... Once dry I am going to completely repaint one of them as the paint application from sideshow is in one word 'shocking'...
I have had a tiny bit of experience with painting models so should be able to make it look well weathered and decent... Also think the silver could do with dirtying up as it's to pristine for a spear that has killed many things.

Why would you not return them for a refund?...

Because they are from friends and between us agreed on shipping costs to keep VAT down, however... This has bit me in the A**E :/ damn! Lol
I will rebuild both the perfect condition and hopefully better than before paint job wise ;)
Will post done pics with before and after shots, but this will not be for a few weeks or so as I'm really tied up for time over the next 2-3 weeks... But will definitely get on with it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back