Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Puffs

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Re: Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads possible.

Doesn't sound interesting to me with female leads.

Rose Byrne. Mmmm!

How about all funny people?

nah, 4 funny ppl wouldn't work. I don't know that having all 4 women would be all that interesting either. Would be different, but geeze, a reboot of this franchise just doesn't work cause the cast was so perfect in the originals. Might as well make them children of the original 4 or something. There is nothing wrong with having all female leads, but it sure as hell doesn't work for Ghostbusters. It's hard for me to come up with any scenario that would make a reboot of this all that interesting if it doesn't involve the original cast.

The first one is a classic, no need for a reboot.

Besides, I get the distinct feeling Melissa McCarthy would somehow end up in one of the roles, and I don't think anybody wants that.

I have no problems with women being on the team, but I have zero interest in a ghostbuster reboot with all women.

I have the perfect idea for a reboot, imo.

No, I don't want to see a team of female GB. I want a film based on The Real Ghostbusters cartoon with new actors playing the original characters, but unlike the original 1984 film, these actors would look like the cartoon versions, with Egon having blond hair and the red glasses and all of them wearing the different color costumes from the show. It's the perfect reboot,imo, because it's both nostalgic to a generation and fresh to a new generation of kids. It's a loophole, you still have the original characters and it's justifiable for them not to look like the original actors, and because the film is based on the animated show, older GB fans can still support it accept the new actors playing the "original" characters without feeling like Hollywood is "ruining" their childhood movie. Personally, I don't mind any reboots because I always have the original versions.

Why does it have to be a female version? I'd rather not see them reboot it in the first place, but the whole "It's Ghostbusters but WITH WOMEN!" is just ridiculous. Get a good script, cast it accordingly, and don't **** on the Ghostbusters franchise just to try to make a few bucks.

No one wants this.

Netflix....

Well, chances are it can't be worse than the original.

There is only one Ghostbusters cast. Like the Beatles with John Lennon, once Ramis died it was over for good.

I find it funny that you guys think this would ever actually happen. They won't even give strong, female characters their own movie. What makes you think a studio would ever wast money on something this idiotic?

I'm not particularly interested. But if they're going to do it, my first thought is that they should just pack it with the funniest guys and writers they can find, of a new crew taking over. Guys like Louis CK, Patton Oswalt, and Bob Oedenkirk (or Maria Bamford if they want a female) could make for a really hilarious film, even if it has no chance of usurping the original in anyone's mind. Barring that, I say let them do something totally different, maintaining only surface-level similarities to the original. That could be their approach at this point. I don't want to see the old gang back together minus Ramis. Murray once said that GB 2 was much worse than GB 1, and that was only a few years after part 1, with the same creative team involved, so why would folks expect a movie released 25 years after that one with the same crew to be good? And I certainly don't want to see a straight up reboot with new actors portraying those same characters.

Meh, why not. There is very little chance of any sequel or reboot being good as it is. Might as well do something interesting with it so it's not just a thing that exists, but a novelty.

Reboot sure. That's part of the H'wood strategy these days. GB is too valuable a franchise for the studio to just let sit there and not try to milk. But as with everything it will need a great cast, a talented director, a brilliant script, and the budget to make it all work. I don't see how making it four female ghostbusters suddenly gets everyone to say "wow, that's brilliant and exactly what the franchise needed". Plus I cannot think of four comic female actresses that could pull it off like the original guys. For that matter I can't think of four male comic actors. That's why the casting and story is going to be so important. So until someone gives a synopsis where the idea sounds great, I'll figure this is nothing more than stunt casting or just someone floating the idea to test the waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back