Must have Star Wars exclusive in 2006

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok gang, now that 2006 is drawing to close. I pose two questions. Of all the Star Wars figures that were released this year, which figure would you say that you had to have the exclusive item? Which exclusive was the COOLEST?

I'll cast my votes.

Must have exclusive: Qui Gon Poncho
Coolest exclusive: Mynock

Ed

Cool thread Razz..

Must Have: Qui-Gon's Poncho
Coolest: Maul's battle damaged saber.

:rock

kain4521 said:
Must Have: Skiff Guard Blaster if you are getting Jabba

agree totally all the original exclusive haters are gonna cry when they get Jabba and see everyone else posing luke with his blaster ready...

must have: poncho

coolest: Jango helmet.

worst: sidious/palpatine hologram

PF
Worst - Vader or Obi, take your pic (it would be Boba's but he's not out yet)
Best - Grievous (the cape adds such a different dimension to the statue and gives you two options)

12"
Worst - Anakin's
Best - Han's Mynock
Must Have - Poncho

Gotta go with:

Must have: Blaster for Luke... not really a necessary accessory, but for me being the first in the series makes this a must have exclusive.

Coolest: Mynock, huge and magnetic... what more could you want!?!

Great thread Darthrazz!

Best: Mynock
Must have: QG Poncho

Last edited:
Must Have: Qui Poncho
Coolest: Luke’s Blaster (will go great with Jabba and company!)

I agree that the Mynock is the coolest item--something that can be displayed separately or stuck on the fridge. Really more of a cool bonus in addition to Han.

Anakin's Gummy Sidious is the one you can most easily do without, as well as Leia's extra blaster that I still don't remember seeing on screen.

But as for an accessory whose absence would most impact the figure it came with, that's a tough choice. I would lean towards something that would make it impossible to display with another figure without it. For example, Luke's blaster pointed at Jabba, or Maul's busted saber fighting Obi-Wan, or Grievous' blaster (if they ever make a Grievous). Personally, I would have to vote for Luke, since I plan on displaying him in the Jabba environment and he's going to need that blaster.

As for the PFs--Grievous and Leia are the ones that would be most impacted by the absence of their exclusives. The mouse droid and training remotes are in the Gummy Sidious category of nice little things that you can set beside the figure, but I much prefer something that gives you options to change the figure and get a truly exclusive variation. (Lurtz is one of the best examples of this--or Captain America. Two different pieces in one.) I really love Han, but with him you have to choose between purchasing one version or the other--you can't have both as with Leia. The upcoming Luke/Yoda and Boba Fett PFs also have the separate stand alone item, so Leia and Grievous are going to remain the best exclusives for a while.

Am I the only one who liked Obi's blaster? I like to think of it as a sign of things to come. For example, who knew when Jedi Luke was released that his exclusive blaster meant that a huge set of characters would be released (the Jabba set) that would suddenly create a context to make the Skiff Blaster the must have item?

So in that spirit, though it may not seem so now, I'll say that Obi's blaster is the must have exclusive for that future character down the road who may be released and give context to his blaster. :D

Polystoner said:
Am I the only one who liked Obi's blaster? I like to think of it as a sign of things to come. For example, who knew when Jedi Luke was released that his exclusive blaster meant that a huge set of characters would be released (the Jabba set) that would suddenly create a context to make the Skiff Blaster the must have item?

So in that spirit, though it may not seem so now, I'll say that Obi's blaster is the must have exclusive for that future character down the road who may be released and give context to his blaster. :D

Good point Poly... I hadn't thought of that... I still wouldn't change my vote but you raise some interesting questions... hmmmmmm

Back