1/4 Dark Knight Rises Custom Base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Testarossa67

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello Everyone !!
Still very new to the community but wanted to share a little project , my first figure was a 1/4 DKR which i love , but as many reviewers had mentioned the base ( although being detailed ) leaves you with little in the way of options for poses . I had some time on my hands recently so i have attempted to build a base , see what you think !!!
I used some leftover 3/4 birch ply glued together to get the thickness and chamfred the edges , copied a suitable image online and using a dremmel/chisel removed 1/4 inch of material so it "sort of" resembles the 1/6 Dark Knight base , also drilled a hole to accept the crotch stand incase i decide to use it .
I put some self adhesive felt pads on the underside for protection , i then primered the base with some white wood primer i had and then gave it a few coats of stone effect paint , i originally wanted something darker but the colour is Gotham Grey !! , maybe using a grey or black undercoat might give a darker hue .
Then painted inside the "bat" using acryllic paint again a few coats .
Looks ok , but not had chance to try some poses , will be getting round to ordering some custom capes soon , so will give it a go then .
Thanks for looking , hope someone tries something similar , and is better with a chisel than me !!!!

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

Is there anywhere that guy hasn't posted pictures of his cape! We've seen it. We have also seen a million other capes and custom capes. It ain't nuttin' special.

Back