Should I Avoid this suspicious ebay auction?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman232

Super Freak
Reaction score
www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-new-batmobil...46713?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item4184e18639

He had the item yesterday the bid was at $76 and he re-listed the item again today. Another thing I send him a couple of messages, one telling him that I'll pay $300 for it and right away he said Yes. But I have a feeling that is a scam. Also I told him can I just send the money through paypal since it has Buyers Protection , he's response "If you don't agree with Money Order don't bid. What do you guys think

Re: Should I Avoid this one

Why is he only accepting money orders on the item and why would he be only accepting $300 for the item in question when its worth much more. Something's not right. Think about it..

Stay as far away from that as possible if he avoids Paypal. If he has an issue with paypal, offer to add fees onto your total amount. And also NEVER pay as a gift.

The auction page lists Paypal as a payment method, so I guess you could always force him into it :lol

He only has three feedback as a seller, and all of these were for items that were $.99. That combined with only accepting money orders, I would avoid this one like the plague.

Honestly.. I don't even think you really needed to ask us.. common sense should be at work on your part... if it's to good to be true it's not.. run from this and don't look back, no piece of plastic is worth all the headaches this may unleash on you. Run Sir RUN!

Someone listing that thing as 'rare' should be your first tip to avoid it.

Just play by the rules, which means follow the bidding process. Don't try to circumvent eBay rules and then expect the buyer to follow same. If you win the auction, he accepts PayPal, there's no way he can even ask for payment via another method - it's impossible to do as everything is automated on eBay. You win, you pay, he ships. You're covered ten ways from Sunday. From eBay, from PayPal and if you fund with your credit card, by that company. If you want it go for it.

Im going to bid but yes I'll pay with paypal like that Im covered. But I'll sleep on it for a couple of days , as far as money order I won't. Thanks guys I know is a dumb questions.

Probably an empty box. Ask for pictures of inside box and ask if he can ship COD (cash on delivery). Any payment with money order other than in person with visual inspection of item before money changes hand is usually a scam.

Back