With the new films, any chance we'll get an 80's Mad Max?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gakken85

Super Freak
Reaction score
mad-max.jpg

That would be sweet.
Complete with dog and music box?

I showed my kid the Hot Toys BttF Delorean today:

"Whoa you gonna get that?"
"Why **** no. It's probably $600 bucks. However, the whole family is ****ed if they make Mad Max's Interceptor....."

I'd be all over that :D haha
So many things you could do with it.

There's a big schamozzle surrounding the license for the Mad Max Interceptor, which accounts for why Autoart have only been able to release the Mad Max 2 version. There have been whispers in the fan circles that a first film version could be just around the corner, but that speculation is nearly two tears old. I'd be down for the second film version, but I'd prefer the first.

I always like road warrior better, though the first film is great.

Id rake either honestly as both are both iconic! I would lose my crap if they ever released max and the interceptor! I have a feeling they will get to this eventually.

Mad Max and his V8 from the 2nd movie is probably my ultimate grail at this point.

Honestly, I think Back to the Future Marty and Delorean are a good indication it may happen....Especially if the car sells really well.

Yeah I mean it's going to sell like nuts. I bet the interceptor would be a lot easier to make than the Delorean with all the little parts.

Bigger question.....when it eventually happens, do you want the Interceptor to be shiny and new looking or weathered and dirty?

Auto art's 1/18 scale die cast model offers both options. I own the 'muddy variant' (which is awesome) because the clean new version just looks bizarre to me.

Plus on the upside ....having the vehcile dirty and slightly battle damaged will hide Hot Toy's shipping and packing problems (see the 1/18 Burton Batmobile thread!

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I went with the muddy Autoart as well, and I reckon I'd want the same in 1/6.

For interest, Australian video artist Shaun Gladwell has done a few pieces incorporating the car. Very 'arty', but... well you've been warned:

I'd want it weathered. How it looks when he shows up at the start of Road Warrior.

So its confirmed.....weathered and dirty it is!

We should send our demands to Hot Toys now to clarify their confusion early.

"First they're angry the Batmobile comes damaged, now they want the Interceptor to be damaged? Collectors....can't figure them out!"

Back