Help! new to site, and new or about to be new to collecting.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N3M3SIS 2ALL

Super Freak
Reaction score
Im itching to pre order the hot toys marty mcfly and i have found a few accepting full, and partial payments but the sites seem shady (i could be just paranoid) i have 3 choices so far,

1. ebay, the cheapest seller was $264.99 free shipping and needs only 20% upfront and balance early 2015 (est around march) heres where my paranoia started because to pay the 20% percent i was given a link that sent me to paypal but seemed kinda odd so then i looked at the "beware" signs on ebay and clicked it and stated to be wary of links that will take me away from ebay. Could be fine but just threw me off. However on ebay he has a good rep.

2. a website under kghobby.com has pre orders for a total of $219 with only $100 upfront plus shipping, which seems great but when i tried to find a review of the actual company it came out blank.. I let it slide because they are in hong kong, so i go back to the website and start snooping around they have "no review" on all there items....not one review, so then i click there ebay store and its under a different name and do not have the item listed just other stuff....so i kept looking.

3. animarket.com seemed the most legit, found a few reviews, all being good and the item is $209 and i believe that one has to be paid in full.

So now that you guys have most the info, has anyone dealt with kg hobby, animarket? or does anyone know of a better place to order? any help would be appreciated, and thanks for taking the time to read all of this. I could have made it shorter but i tried to eliminate most of the back and forth questions that might need to be asked to get the proper answer. thanks again.

hey thanks for the response, yea that link is the kind of thing that gets me worried. I actually have been waiting for a few hours for a response and didnt get one so i took it into my own hands. I ended pre-ordering thru animarket.com with only a $40 dollar deposit. I found good reviews, seen there facebook page and youtube channel so hopefully it works out. I actually did want to go thru sideshow but i didnt get a response when i tried to live chat with them...actually i didnt even get someone online after browsing there site for 15 min. But when they do ill probably order with them as well just in case something goes wrong with the other one. Thanks again for the help.

Avoid POs on ebay unless it's a trusted seller. There are a few, but get to know who they are first.

Sometimes KGHobby have stuff a lot cheaper than other places, and they stock bootleg figures that many stores won't touch. They've been around for a while, they're well known to customisers in particular, and I've used them a few times without a problem. But yeah, money up front should be avoided if it's a significant amount to you.

Animarket have a solid rep. Haven't used them before but currently have two POs with them.

Both stores ship out of Asia, so they're good for me re:shipping (I'm in Oz).

There are plenty of good stores in the US if you're on that side of the world.

Last edited:
thanks for the response, i ended up going thru sideshow which is where i wanted to go from the beginning but im glad i waited.

thanks for the response, i ended up going thru sideshow which is where i wanted to go from the beginning but im glad i waited.

Great choice,Sideshow and BBTS are two stores Ive had the best service with. Ive never had a problem getting replacement figures or parts from either which will eventually happen if u collect enough Hot Toys figures. Plus Sideshows rewards points are a nice bonus. Welcome to the boards!

Get out while you still can. Your bank balance is in very serious danger. There's a reason so much of the talk around here is ''just the BTTF figures, then I'm done, gone........k well maybe the BD Robocop aswell and Batman Returns Catwoman and Penguin, but after that, definitely, done....unless they make...''

lol, yea i know im trying not to buy anything else till i see the price on the delorean! as i type im watching the ebay countdown timer on the joker dx08...i find it to easy to justify certain purchases.. "i grew up with batman" "it was my first movie" "its an awesome figure" lol. just dying to get my first one, dont think i can wait till march!

Back