Signature banners are in danger of being deleted!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Signature banners are getting out of hand again - Here are the rules for signatures from the FAQ.

Please limit your signature to 3 lines of text or a SINGLE image no larger than 150 pixels high x 500 pixels long.

And I would add that .gif images are discouraged - some poor souls are still on dial up. There's nothing more frustrating than waiting for a post that takes 2 mins. to load and only says "F*** yea!"

Darklord Dave said:

And I would add that .gif images are discouraged - some poor souls are still on dial up. There's nothing more frustrating than waiting for a post that takes 2 mins. to load and only says "F*** yea!"

Then those poor bastards need to upgrade to 21st century technology!

dekadentdave said:
Then those poor bastards need to upgrade to 21st century technology!

And here we have the reason for this thread.

Darklord Dave said:
Signature banners are getting out of hand again

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes its hard to find the response text in all the silly advertising.

well...i'm off to the civil war sig thread to look for a new sig :lol

Your's is fine King - but DDs? Not so much. Gifs are okay both places, but keep the file size, way, way down.

Wor-Gar said:
And here we have the reason for this thread.

Yeah and I just knew when I woke up this morning that the other DD was gonna jump all over the Kurgans for their ass-kicking new banners. Always the party poopers. Well if file size is the problem, I'll just dither them down when I get home. Problem solved but the banner stays.

So what your saying is mine is too large? Poor Boromir, he doesn't get any respect. :monkey2

One more point, if you are on dial-up, I would strongly suggest you disable sigs in your control panel. I know I always did when I was still on dial-up. :wave

Fritz said:
One more point, if you are on dial-up, I would strongly suggest you disable sigs in your control panel. I know I always did when I was still on dial-up. :wave

That's a very good point Fritz. If you don't want to get spammed with banners then turn it off in the control panel. Problem solved.

It is true that those with dial up (or those who just don't want to be hit with all of the flashing/provocative/oversized signatures) can very easily disable them. Some of the users may not be familiar with all of the options in the User CP.

dekadentdave said:
And I say turn it off in the control panel if you don't want them! :thwak

And I say get rid of 'em :monkey1

Some people put useful info or links in their sigs (like me), which can't be seen if "view sigs" is disabled. All these blinky, ginormous sigs are annoying, to say the least.

danfaz said:
And I say get rid of 'em :monkey1

Some people put useful info or links in their sigs (like me), which can't be seen if "view sigs" is disabled. All these blinky, ginormous sigs are annoying, to say the least.

Wah! Too f'n bad!

Back