What if address is undeliverable?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycho

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok so I sold something on a facebook group, Power Rangers Armored Red Ranger SH Figuarts.. And I sent the item out Monday.. and the guy was suppose to get it today and I checked the shipping and it says undeliverable address... I wrote the address EXACTLY as the guy told me and it matches on paypal.. What is there to do? Can he go pick it up at the post office in the morning?

Hopefully if they haven't shipped it back to you. It also depends on why it was undeliverable. It doesn't always mean that the address was wrong. Traffic, construction, etc. I know my postman did that once when he forgot to deliver a package of mine.

Well I talked to the guy and it sounds like he is trying to scam me... Asking for gas $$ to drive down to the post office? How is that my fault it it was an undeliverable address.... And claims he wants a refund now.... I guess I will wait it out until he either gets it or I get it returned to me....

It should be sent back to you. Refund him minus the shipping cost and tell him to get bent.

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do this guy is trying to get a refund before I even have the package back in my hands.... Um NO...

Asking for gas money to drive to the post office is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard in the collectibles marketplace.

How is that any different to not being home when the delivery man arrives and needing to pick up at the post office later?
Does he live 100 miles from his nearest Post Office or something?

Asking for gas money to drive to the post office is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard in the collectibles marketplace.

How is that any different to not being home when the delivery man arrives and needing to pick up at the post office later?
Does he live 100 miles from his nearest Post Office or something?

I have no clue... I even looked up the address and its a house... So idk why it was un-deliverable... Guess will just wait it out I guess...

Could be that you wrote it down on the box wrong, or the label got damaged on its way there.

Could be that you wrote it down on the box wrong, or the label got damaged on its way there.

Maybe but I double checked it at the post office, and the lady told me it was un-deliverable so i pulle dout my phone and double checked it... And it was the same address the guy told me...

This is what the guy said to me.. I may have accidently wrote down the wrong address but I'm about 90% sure I double checked the address... and now he wants 53.00 for the refund when he only paid 36.00 total um no....

Barrett Chance:Just left post office u put the wrong address down and its being sent back ,u can call and confirm urself but its legit. I want my money back now man thats its no more games u have wasted my time and cost me 20 bucks n gas to go dam poat office to see it was ur mistake

Your item departed our USPS facility in CHATTANOOGA, TN 37421 on July 31, 2014 at 1:01 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

- Arrived at USPS Facility, July 30, 2014, 8:55 pm, CHATTANOOGA, TN 37421- Arrived at USPS Facility, July 30, 2014, 10:25 am, HIXSON, TN 37343- Undeliverable as Addressed, July 30, 2014, 10:23 am, HIXSON, TN 37343- Out for Delivery, July 30, 2014, 8:05 am, HIXSON, TN 37343- Sorting Complete, July 30, 2014, 7:55 am, HIXSON, TN 37343- Arrived at Post Office, July 30, 2014, 5:41 am, HIXSON, TN 37343- Departed USPS Facility, July 30, 2014, 4:50 am, CHATTANOOGA, TN 37421- Arrived at USPS Facility, July 30, 2014, 2:33 am, CHATTANOOGA, TN 37421- Departed USPS Facility, July 28, 2014, 7:39 pm, DES MOINES, IA 50318- Arrived at USPS Facility, July 28, 2014, 6:05 pm, DES MOINES, IA 50318- Departed Post Office, July 28, 2014, 1:41 pm, WEBSTER CITY, IA 50595- Acceptance, July 28, 2014, 10:15 am, WEBSTER CITY, IA 50595

Barrett Chance:Its comming back to u left early this morning....so I either want 2 figures or 53 bucks for my gas and figure I payed for
3 minutes ago

Daniel Taz Williams: i'm not paying u back 53.00.. I just paying you back what u spent for the figure....

Refund less shipping sounds just. He could have saved himself the gas by just calling and finding out what's the status of the package. Hell, he could have just tracked it. He deciding to drive down was his choice.
Maybe I'm just too easy, but mistakes happen. Can't completely read someone just from typed words, but he sounds angry. What does he mean with "thats its no more games?" This is going to sound old, but I have issues with folks who have trouble with basic spelling and sentence structure.

Here is the whole convo I had with him....

Daniel Taz-Williams
i just checked shipping and it said undelivery address... i shipped it to the EXACT address that you gave me
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:04pm
Barrett Chance
1256 west fairfax drive hixson tn 37343
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:04pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
I would call your local post office asap .. yup thats the one i sent it to
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:06pm
Barrett Chance
Weres the pic of the package
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:07pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
i sent it man trust me i'm not like that man... check your tracking
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:11pm
Barrett Chance
Yea I checked return to sender I just want my cash back
No pic of package...no way to prove u sent to mu address ,of u had a pic like I asked for
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:13pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
umm why did u check return to sender if you got the package?
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:14pm
Barrett Chance
Its u deliverable address it will automatically return to sender in Tennessee
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:15pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
u gave me an undeleverible address... The lady at the post office told me its un deliverable...
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:16pm
Barrett Chance
I get mail there everyday mn..weres ur proof u sent it to my address I gave u ??
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:19pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
i must of not read or forgot to take the pic of the package... but I did send it
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:19pm
Barrett Chance
Now im out a figure and 33 bucks....cost me 20 bucks n gas to drive to post office to even check tomorrow on my lunch , then lose lunch hour to see whats up that's messed up man
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:20pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
its not my fault it said un deliverable address
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:21pm
Barrett Chance
Ur fault if ya wrote ot down wrong ,dpnt have a pic to show me this is messed up ..u need to send me my cash back asap and or let me have another figure as well to compinsate or sumthan
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:22pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
i double checked it at the post office it was correct
if you call the post office im pretty sure they can hold it for u
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:23pm
Barrett Chance
Ur not listening...there closed ...I have no.way to know its there ..u have mu cash and I have nothing .what are u gonna do to fix it
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:25pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
as soon as i get it returned to me I will double check the address if its what you told me then what do u wnat me to do?
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:25pm
Barrett Chance
I want my cash back now n mu paypal man
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:26pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
i'm not gonna paypal you until i get it back to make sure it was my fault which I know for a fact it wasnt...
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:26pm
Barrett Chance
So im outta figure and money and ur gonna wait is what im hearing ?
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:27pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
i double checked the address
you will get ur damn money back
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:27pm
Barrett Chance
U can say that all day long no proof
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:28pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
umm tracking number thats pretty much proof i sent you it
Barrett Chance
7/30, 6:28pm
Barrett Chance
Proof is nothing till I see somethang man come on
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 6:57pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
ok I called the usps and you have to call down there and see if there... did you get any notice slip?
they told me if not claimed within 15 days then it gets sent back to sender
Barrett Chance
7/30, 7:02pm
Barrett Chance
I want 20 bucks n my
y paypal for gas for me having to drive to post office tomorrow tp see what's up ....
Barrett Chance
7/30, 7:11pm
Barrett Chance
******** man ...ur fault ....period
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 7:12pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
is this your house? https://www.google.com/maps/@35.109...!1e1!3m2!1sNk_KF9VuSroRV-lvz1BbeQ!2e0!6m1!1e1

Google Maps
www.google.com
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 7:12pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
it could be the post office's fault too... u can call them and have them re-deliver
Barrett Chance
7/30, 7:13pm
Barrett Chance
Im gonna put ya on blast till I get my money or 2 figures .....peace out
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 7:14pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
i sold all my figures so if u dont go down there u will have to wait til it gets returned then you will get ur $$ back
Barrett Chance
7/30, 7:15pm
Barrett Chance
U have money and dont want to send back and cant prove u sent it to my address....im labeling u as a scammer and putting u on boast
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 7:18pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
im not a scammer... i'm not gonna send you money back until I know for sure whats going on...
Barrett Chance
7/30, 7:19pm
Barrett Chance
A person who has since and does this stuff whould send back to asure the buyer ..ur not so forget it man ...
Daniel Taz-Williams
7/30, 7:21pm
Daniel Taz-Williams
yes.. but not seller in there right mind would send a refund with out having the package returned that's common sense... I will just wait it out and see whats going on... If I have to I will call down to the hixton post office tomorrow and see what the hell is going on and why it was undeliverable
Today
Barrett Chance
7:21am
Barrett Chance
Just left post office u put the wrong address down and its being sent back ,u can call and confirm urself but its legit. I want my money back now man thats its no more games u have wasted my time and cost me 20 bucks n gas to go dam poat office to see it was ur mistake
Barrett Chance
7:59am
Barrett Chance
Your item departed our USPS facility in CHATTANOOGA, TN 37421 on July 31, 2014 at 1:01 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
- Arrived at USPS Facility, July 30, 2014, 8:55 pm, CHATTANOOGA, TN 37421- Arrived at USPS Facility, July 30, 2014, 10:25 am, HIXSON, TN 37343- Undeliverable as Addressed, July 30, 2014, 10:23 am, HIXSON, TN 37343- Out for Delivery, July 30, 2014, 8:05 am, HIXSON, TN 37343- Sorting Complete, July 30, 2014, 7:55 am, HIXSON, TN 37343- Arrived at Post Office, July 30, 2014, 5:41 am, HIXSON, TN 37343- Departed USPS Facility, July 30, 2014, 4:50 am, CHATTANOOGA, TN 37421- Arrived at USPS Facility, July 30, 2014, 2:33 am, CHATTANOOGA, TN 37421- Departed USPS Facility, July 28, 2014, 7:39 pm, DES MOINES, IA 50318- Arrived at USPS Facility, July 28, 2014, 6:05 pm, DES MOINES, IA 50318- Departed Post Office, July 28, 2014, 1:41 pm, WEBSTER CITY, IA 50595- Acceptance, July 28, 2014, 10:15 am, WEBSTER CITY, IA 50595
Barrett Chance
8:00am
Barrett Chance
Its comming back to u left early this morning....so I either want 2 figures or 53 bucks for my gas and figure I payed for
Daniel Taz-Williams
9:55am
Daniel Taz-Williams
i'm not paying u back 53.00.. I just paying you back what u spent for the figure....
Barrett Chance
10:09am
Barrett Chance
Send it now
Daniel Taz-Williams
10:10am
Daniel Taz-Williams
once I get the figure back and double check the address I will....
Barrett Chance
10:12am
Barrett Chance
Im gonna report u to the groups of u dont send it now
Daniel Taz-Williams
10:14am
Daniel Taz-Williams
god damn... just chill... i'm not scamming u... I just want the package back before I sent you your refund... It's called a MISTAKE people do make mistakes ya know... Sorry
Barrett Chance
10:16am
Barrett Chance
I dont know that u get it back man ...u could be scamming me for ****s sake ...so ill go ahead and out u on the groups that ur on and let them know and send paypal a report about u being a scammer unless ya send it back now im over it u cant be trusted

Tell this teenager to piss off and learn how to spell. He's out $33. :cuckoo:Not the end of the world. Sounds like buyers remorse and he needs the money for something else he bought. Save all your communications from him and contact the Post Office yourself if you haven't already.

Tell this teenager to piss off and learn how to spell. He's out $33. :cuckoo:Not the end of the world. Sounds like buyers remorse and he needs the money for something else he bought. Save all your communications from him and contact the Post Office yourself if you haven't already.

Yeah from the looks of it the package is on the way back to me so we shall see if I really did write the address down wrong... But I have my doubts....

Wait, so the mistake was actually yours? :)

Even so, I'm still not sure why he thinks $20 to drive to a post office is a reasonable request. Total *********.

Well the package got delivered yesterday and the guy finally shut up

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

What? I thought that tool said it was being sent back to you? What an asshat. If you don't mind, can you share his eBay name so I can block him? I'm glad everything worked out in your favor.

edit: never mind. Just saw it wasn't sold on eBay.

I don't send anything to the US without tracking. It's just not worth it. I know US based sellers always complain about people in other countries, but I'm sorry, 99% of internet sales/buy scammers are from the US. I've never had issues with anyone from Europe or South America or even Russia. But in the US?. I've been doing online sales full-time for 8 years now and thankfully the problem hasn't been an epidemic or anything. The strangest thing? More often than not, if you're dealing with a ****** bag, their name is going to be Matthew. That's been my experience and I would never have imagined such a pattern, but I kid you not.

Last edited:
Man, good thing you held firm. By the way the guy was pressuring you to pay now, sounds like he was trying to scam you out of the figure and money. That's why he miraculously picked up the package when he saw that he couldn't get more out of you. He probably had socks coming back your way or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, good thing you held firm. By the way the guy was pressuring you to pay now, sounds like he was trying to scam you out of the figure and money. That's why he miraculously picked up the package when he saw that he couldn't get more out of you. He probably had socks coming back your way or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly:

+1

Back