What would you buy: ESB Darth Vader MR Light-sabre incomplete, or Ep3 complete?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, here's my dilemma: I want a 1:1 scale Vader Lightsabre from Master Replicas. I can get two, both for the same really good price. However, the price comes with a few buts and I do not want to shell out the higher prices that go with sets without those buts.

Here's my choice: I can get an Episode III vader sabre with everything: Box, display case, COA, plaques, etc. There is some slight damage on the chrome of the button, but mint otherwise.

The other one (for the same price), is the Episode V ESB sabre is mint, with box, display case, etc, but no Plaque or COA. (MR SW-117)

I know the ESB version is more popular and it's my favourite movie, but I hate that it doesn't come with COA or Plaque.

What would you do? Which would you buy?

Ok, here's my dilemma: I want a 1:1 scale Vader Lightsabre from Master Replicas. I can get two, both for the same really good price. However, the price comes with a few buts and I do not want to shell out the higher prices that go with sets without those buts.

Here's my choice: I can get an Episode III vader sabre with everything: Box, display case, COA, plaques, etc. There is some slight damage on the chrome of the button, but mint otherwise.

The other one (for the same price), is the Episode V ESB sabre is mint, with box, display case, etc, but no Plaque or COA. (MR SW-117)

I know the ESB version is more popular and it's my favourite movie, but I hate that it doesn't come with COA or Plaque.

What would you do? Which would you buy?

Wait...there was an Episode III?

All kidding aside bro I would go ESB all the way man. Vader's lightsaber was never even shown in Ep. III. It was made up solely for publicity photos. If you want a true film/prop replica go with the ESB. I wouldn't even consider the other. COA's and plaques are overrated. Plus if a plaque is a big deal you can always commission a custom one to exactly match the MR plaques, for less the $15.

Last edited:
Wait...there was an Episode III?

Plus if a plaque is a big deal you can always commission a custom one to exactly match the MR plaques, for less the $15.

Thanks man! I really like that plaque in the display to match my others. Who do you know who could do that?

thanks!

You can check out Rebelscum or TheRPF for people who might be able to craft you a plaque. Personally, I'd go for ANH or ESB, but I'd wait for one with the original plaque to pop up. It's just that feeling of it being complete, and original, that does it for me. It just makes it pop a bit more for me. :)

893519_437255546363866_1682225307_o.jpg

You can check out Rebelscum or TheRPF for people who might be able to craft you a plaque. Personally, I'd go for ANH or ESB, but I'd wait for one with the original plaque to pop up. It's just that feeling of it being complete, and original, that does it for me.

Yeah, I know but those are easily 4-5 times what this one costs

Thanks man! I really like that plaque in the display to match my others. Who do you know who could do that?

thanks!

Contact user "FeezleNuts" on the Rebelscum prop forum. He goes by the same name on the RPF I believe too. He can hook you up. Top notch guy to deal with too.

Back