WIP SS Ghost Anakin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
anakin_WIP.jpg

Looking good. Art S. Buck figures are great for customs. I'm guessing "classic" ghost and not Hayden ghost? Going to paint him a bit blue?

Buttmunch said:
Looking good. Art S. Buck figures are great for customs. I'm guessing "classic" ghost and not Hayden ghost? Going to paint him a bit blue?

Nope. No blueishness here and it will be Hayden (I never noticed that Hayden's ghost is wearing the OT Jedi undershirt until recently - but I like the OT look of the Shaw undershirt and am curious to see how Anakin looks in OT duds). :D

Buttmunch said:
Are you just using Hasbro clothes with a Sideshow robe and body?

The pants, robe, boots, boots and left hand are Sideshow Anakin. The right hand is Sideshow Obi-Wan and the body is Art S Buck.

The rest of the clothes are actually Kenner, not Hasbro, from the Masterpiece Anakin Skywalker figure (so the tunic, tabbards, and undershirt are all from the Kenner doll.

The head will be a repaint by fellow freak (you know who you are ;) ) and I will have the scars on his face sanded off.

I love what Ankiz had done on his Obi-Wan and hopefully this will be in that vein. Thanks for the excitement you guys and I will keep you posted for sure. :duff

I'm working on a similar project only I'm repainting a Hasbro Ben Kenobi head and putting it on a SSC body so it matches the others.
It's amazing how much paint Hasbro slopped all over their heads. There's truly alot of detail gunked up under there.

That was actually one of the first ideas that crossed my mind, but I already have something else in mind. I remember wanting that "masterpiece" Anakin back then, but it's quite bad, though a little better than Hasbro.

Did Hayden's Anakin force Ghost have a robotic arm? I know that sounds silly but I don't remember. Pix, I noticed that Anakin's robotic arm is in the picture of your WIP.

If we follow George Lucas' reasoning,Anakin appeared as a force ghost as a young man, because that was what he looked like BEFORE falling to the dark-side, then he should have the robotic arm and scars that he had BEFORE becoming a Sith. ( I know , I know, how can a robotic arm be a ghost, but how can clothes be ghosts as well, I'm might be digging too far here:D )

I don't mean to open up a whole can of worms about a subject that has been beaten to death, but this was one change that kind of bothered me. Not the change itself, but just the way it was done. Why would Anakin be a force ghost and show up wearing an outfit that we never saw his character wear?

So I guess my question to you pix, is robotic arm or no robotic arm?

Darthrazz said:
...So I guess my question to you pix, is robotic arm or no robotic arm?

Since I believe the force captures the essense of what was "good" about the person I believe (and I believe the movie can back me up.. I'll find pics) he was scarless and his right arm was restored... I can't imagine a force ghost of a robotc part.

Let me find a pic....

Hmmm. I can't seem to find a picture of his hands, but I think that you're right,a robotic ghost wouldn't really make any sense.

I think going with what has been said, not only does the Force capture the essence of good it also allows the person to appear as they "want".

Back