A New Freak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phyxius

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey fellow collectors,
I'm new to these forums but have been checking in and out for a few weeks now and wanted to join in on the fun. I've been a fan of figures and such for the longest time but I think my first real experience of collecting was back when Master Replicas sold those mini lightsabers. I got a couple of them one Christmas and started buying more on ebay when I had money saved up. A few years after that I discovered the Sideshow collectible Star Wars figures around 2007 and loved collecting those, I even had a shop close-ish to home that sold the figures. Through one website or another I had discovered the detolf display case and got one for myself to display my figures. From 2004 to 2009 was probably when I did the most of my early collecting getting LOTR swords, a couple FX Lightsabers, and even sports memorabilia. I was proud of my little collection. In 2010 I moved out with my brother and lacked the space for my stuff so it all ended up in boxes. It was a bad time for collecting and I avoided looking at all the new stuff coming from sideshow as I had no where to be putting it. Fast forward to last year (2013) when my brother and I moved again and I finally regained space to display my stuff. I've now been slowly expanding my collection a little bit at a time, mainly buying a few more FX Lightsabers and some of the old MR limited edition Lightsabers. I made up my own little nerd/collectibles office (thanks to ikea) and am once again proud of my collection.
I have LOTR, Star Wars, and sports collectibles but have been wanting to start a little collection of comic book hero things, specifically I would like to start collecting Hot Toys :)

Thanks if you managed to read all that, I look forward to chatting with some of you in the future

Welcome to the site Phyxius! :wave.....I know what you mean, finding space is always a very hard thing to do (particularly when the things you buy come in large boxes.)

Thanks for warm welcomes! I'm hoping to take some pics of my collection later today and post it in the 'show your shelves' section but I'll link it in here in case you wanna see my man hut. I don't think it's big enough to be a man cave anyway haha

Awesome collection bud! Lightsaber heaven. Welcome! :clap
Thanks! Lightsabers are probably my favourite thing to collect. Glad I snagged my 3 favourite master replica hilts as they are becoming harder and harder to find, for a good price anyway
Not sure if I'll get into the efx line. I liked that MR came with the cases and are made of nice shiny metal, but that darth maul signature lightsaber from them is tempting. I think my move to hot toys will put an end to my lightsaber collecting... For now haha

Back