Grail Broke. Any ideas? Lifesize chucky. Pics posted.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mas5acre

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well my absolutely favorite piece fell and broke. Really upset me. What would be the best way to fix it so the foot still turns?
I even contacted a professional prop restoration place and figured I'd have it customized but they turned me down.

Any thought on how to best fix it? Btw, I hate chucky's base, being 2 pieces it leans forward easily. The whole base toppled.

Any thoughts? I'd probably send it out if I knew I could trust someone but that's hard when the doll can go for an upwards of 5k mint.

Here are some options what you can do:

1.) easiest way: simply glue it back on. Be careful enough and should be movable afterwards. If you use a strong glue it can resist some pressure too. But it is likely to break again sooner or later.

2.) if you can remove the broken part from the shoe, you glue it back on and add some pins by drilling small holes from the bottom. Glue the pins in place and it should be a little stronger than option 1. I have done this several time with my Bruce Wayne statue and it is as good as new if not even better.

3.) Use option two and recast the fixed part.

4.) find someone who might be able to draw a replacement in 3D and print it with shapeways.com. Some of the guys that might be able to do something like this are sdabbs (SSF) and evil mike (facebook).

Let me know if you need any help. I know enough people that are trustworthy.

The joints are really really tight on this thing. Probably part of why it broke. I've been trying for a while now and the part that broke in the foot is not budging much... For the longest time I didn't know any of the joints moved, cause they are so incredibly tight. To this day I've yet to get the head to turn.

I've thought about just filling the foot with rubber cement with a screw sticking out and the leg with rubber cement and just screwing the two together. That way it still turns if you loosen and tighten the screw.

Last edited:
Got the broken part out. Was really hard to get out. Problem is this part attaches to the leg and if I glue it back into the leg i don't know if I can get the larger half of this piece back into the foot.

Well if you got it out, you will get it back in. :lol what is the upper side and what is the broken side? Its a little confusing...

Is the leg removable too? In my opinion a grail piece like this would deserve a proper recast of the broken part. But if you dont want to move on I can fully understand.

Yu have two options now:

1.) search for a good glue. Dont go to the supermarket and buy one. Ask on this board. Sure we will find someone who can help with a good one.
Than glue it back on and maybe add some pins.

2.) get the leg out too and do a recast that is ome piece again.

What material is the body? Plastic? Ever heard of the hairdryer method? This might work to get the part back in the shoe. :)

The circular thing is part of the leg, not the foot. The leg is the broken part. The smaller circle attaches to the base of the leg. The larger circle fits into the hole of the foot with a lot of pressure.. That had to be machine put in.... Yeah its plastic.

Isn't a recast smaller an original?

What's this blowdryer method you speak of?

Last edited:
This was how I understood it too.

I believe best would be to go with the glue and pin method if you cannot remove the leg from the body.

Usually a quality recast wont be smaller. The size issue only accures when you make a recast of a recast of a recast etc...

Anyway, I would suggest to simply glue it back in place with a good glue and fix it with some pins afterwards. You can also first add the pins and than glue it in place.

The hairdryer is used to heaten up the plastic in order to make it more flexible. In your case you would heaten up the larger circle before you reattach it to the foot again. Simply heaten it up with a hairdryer for 30-60 seconds before reattaching.

Nevertheless we need someone more experienced here before you move on. I domt want you to brake any thing. :)

Of all my collectibles, this is the one thing thatII would never sell, it is also my very first sideshow piece. I had to have Chucky.

Thank you all for the assistance. Fixed or not, I really appreciate it.

Any possibility you can take apart to foot/shoe?

Removing to sole to get into the foot cavity? Then be able to glue the bottom part of the leg back on, then the sole again?

Maybe insert a metal rod inside both broken parts, glue everything carefully, and then it might hold even better than the original. This statue should have had a metal armature in the first place...

I have the same issue as yours, exactly the same part of the leg.
Although I haven't repaired it yet, I was thinking maybe a plastic shower ball joint would do the trick.
Plastic-Adjustable-Ball-Nozzle-1659.jpg

Back