New QMx Buffy Maquette announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueworld

Super Freak
Reaction score

Attachments

• BuffyMaquette-1_450x450.jpg
    BuffyMaquette-1_450x450.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 743
Taken from the product page:
Cast in solid polystone and hand-painted, each Buffy maquette will be individually numbered as part of an edition of 1,000. Buffy is the first in our line of reimagined animation-style statues that will show the entire Scooby Gang ready for action!

So, there will be more...

I kinda like it but her face needs some work (to me, her face looks like the bride of Chucky). Kinda reminds me of the Tiki line.

To me she looks like some kind of ape. Nothing like Buffy and that pose doesn't help either.

Very negative response to it over on Whedonesque too.

Ick... was very excited when I saw this thread, but..... no thanks. :(

Um, I'm obviously the only one who likes this at all !

I can see how peeps would be put off by her face sculpt - her eyes and smile are way too manic. I like the idea of Buffy looking eager to slay a few vamps, but tlc38tlc38 said it well, "her face looks like the bride of Chucky"
But I kinda like it anyway - I like creepy manic Buffy I guess.

I really like her pose on top of the tombstone though. It's pretty stylised rather than from any actual scene, but to me , WAY better than the overtly sexualised Sideshow Buffy on her weird throne. Much prefer her to the Tiki Buffys too.
I didn't see her as ape-like until I saw Sueworld's comment and now it's hard not to. :)

Makes you wonder how these things get past the concept art stage doesn't it. I mean I haven't seen anybody say this was wonderful or worth getting yet.

Makes you wonder how these things get past the concept art stage doesn't it. I mean I haven't seen anybody say this was wonderful or worth getting yet.

QMX's face sculpts have always pretty either way off (in a stylized way) or really ******. The 1/6th ones are good cause of Trevor :| Their statue version of mal sucks :|

Hmmmm, yeah. I don't know what to say. I don't wish to be a downright jerk and say how horrible it is since people actually took time to create it. I will say though that I enjoy the pose a lot. It's something more like a kid would do and at times, Buffy still acted all pouty and childish (yes please) and so I can see that connection.

The face is definitely a turn off. Not that it wouldn't be cool if it were just a regular character face for a random animated drawing. It's fine and all, but doesn't sell it for me as Buffy, herself. It's got to look like SMG.

Also, I was hoping for some 1/6 like FF is getting. *sigh. So many missed opportunities by ssc to give me what I want. ;)

Hmmmm, yeah. I don't know what to say. I don't wish to be a downright jerk and say how horrible it is since people actually took time to create it. I will say though that I enjoy the pose a lot. It's something more like a kid would do and at times, Buffy still acted all pouty and childish (yes please) and so I can see that connection.

The face is definitely a turn off. Not that it wouldn't be cool if it were just a regular character face for a random animated drawing. It's fine and all, but doesn't sell it for me as Buffy, herself. It's got to look like SMG.

Also, I was hoping for some 1/6 like FF is getting. *sigh. So many missed opportunities by ssc to give me what I want. ;)

:goodpost: one of the best honest responses without being as you said a downright jerk i've ever seen on here. :)

Back