Public Service Announcement on pre-ordering from Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAB

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is a public service announcement brought to you by concerned members of Sideshow Freaks:

eBay has 45 day refund periods.
Never pre-order for longer periods of time than that.
The end.

Q&A for those still unsure:

"But I...."

No.

"What if...."

No.

"Others say...."

No.

"He has lots of feedback"

No.

"Another guy got a refund when he asked"

"That's fascinating....let me guess, he was also within the 45 day Paypal limit .......No"

"But its such a good deal"

"No"

"hmm.....I've decided to go ahead and take the risk"

"You're a genius, you should order 2 so you have one to resell for profit. Please go ahead"

......feel free to reference this PSA in subsequent threads asking about pre-ordering on ebay.

This should be stickied everywhere.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25256-1340293825-2.gif

many sellers only charge a deposit fee, then invoice you with full amount, they get to save on ebay fees this way, but as long as you pay paypal as purchase you are still covered by the standard protection. but the risk of losing the deposit is still there.

but how else would you do overseas preorders via the internet. you can try shops like amiami & HLJ whom only ask you to pay when stock arrives but many things they don't carry.

I guess in the end it's all about trust & honesty. seriously your local toy shop who takes preorders can also eat your money & not giving you your order.

SAB is right. Never Pre-order on eBay

It's not fun getting ripped off. I've never been ripped off because of Pre-ordering, but I did get ripped off because I didn't realize the 45 day cut off when I was new to buying.

Somebody in another thread told stories how some stores that people PO from on EBAY don't even ship it when it's released and make you wait, only saying they will ship "IN STOCK" items if they pay more money.

Somebody in another thread told stories how some stores that people PO from on EBAY don't even ship it when it's released and make you wait, only saying they will ship "IN STOCK" items if they pay more money.

I saw that, that's some serious scrote.

well then you shouldn't make any preorders that involve deposits then. not even the shop next to your house because they can do the same thing to you whether you pay by cash or paypal.

My Q&A addresses your points.

The shop next to my house has breakable windows, which the shopkeeper understands when entertaining the thought of ripping off a customer.

well then you shouldn't make any preorders that involve deposits then. not even the shop next to your house because they can do the same thing to you whether you pay by cash or paypal.

Your user name is perfect.

Carry on.

The title of the thread very specifically states that it relates to eBay and the limited protection you have there.. technically any Pre-order for a figure which will not ship in 45 days from your order is in direct breach of eBay's terms and conditions.. no ifs.. no buts.. no maybes.. straight fact.

Your local shop will face all sorts of Consumer legislation, if they try to rip you off ..and if you ordered with a credit card (the smart thing to do) then you have approx 90 days cover.. Yes, it is possible your local bricks and mortar store may go bust.. but that is very different to the deliberate scams run by some unscrupulous overseas sellers on eBay.. that was the point of the OP's thread.. and its fairly difficult for a no deposit, pre-order Retail outlet to rip you off.

Back