Statue Legendary wolf predator issue- help!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pred31

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello I am new to the forum but a long time collector-I was hoping anyone owning a LS Wolf or collector thats had an issue like this could help me with a question I have about the base, It has been my grail piece since it came out and when it arrived I couldnt been more excited. I then opened it.. while wolf and his accesories are perfect ,the base had an issue. The alien itself was not secured into the base or can you remove it I thought? I called sideshow and a day later they informed me they "think" its suppose to be secured. The "peg" which is about an inch deep and inch & half long , looks like the glue might have dried up that secured it in place. I decided to assembly it with wolf on top and it started to lean foward to much due to its weight and the alien started moving a bit as well since its not concerte in place. It might of held but I wasn't going to roll the dice. I of course took wolf down from the base, I am now also paranoid if I do assembly it back its going to take a header off my cabinet!!! For you owners of this piece did anyone else have this isuee? what kind of glue would you suggest? zap a gap was recommeded from sideshow , I used krazy glue in the past for minor repairs, but it doesnt seem strong enough to me to hold the alien secure enough into place considering the pose and wolfs weight pressing down on it. I need something that will hold that sucka down for good. As you can imgaine this really sucks and I am dying here... also I screwed up and posted this first to the forum, so you can see 2 photos there of the base. Sucks to have this as my first offical thread
whatever suggestions will be appreciated!!!

I don't remember the Alien being separate from the base when unboxing it...should be one piece....to hold the weight of Wolf.

Found my pics of the unboxing...it should be one piece. I'm guessing you'll need to "glue" it down. I would NOT put Wolf on that base without the Alien being firmly secured to the base.

Last edited:
Al is right - the Alien is fixed to the base when you get it. If you can take the Alien out easily I would recommend you do so, remove all the dried up glue around the peg and the hole and then use a quality super glue and put it back in. If you can't take the alien out just glue what you can and see how stable it is. You can fix any glue marks up with some acrylic paints.
Do try and remove the Alien though, it'll be better for the long run to do a proper job.

Pretty much what the above poster said. Alien is supposed to hold the weight of the wolf. It won't be nice if he could move... Which may caused something equal to a disaster I'd say.

photo 1 (1).JPGthanks for the feedback- the alien comes out very easily it does look like the glue dried up, another thing I noticed is when its in the base you can either move it up a tiny bit back or forward I was leaning towards moving back.Any suggestion on what to use to clean up the old glue, I want to make sure it is nice and clean and ready for the new glue. From what I hear zap a gap seems to be the right choice glue, not found local though so I have to purchase it online.I want something strong enough to where you couldn't pull it out if you wanted to.photo 2.JPG

Last edited:
I don't remember the Alien be separate from the base when unboxing it...should be one piece....to hold the weight of Wolf.

Found my pics of the unboxing...it should be one piece. I'm guessing you'll need to "glue" it down. I would NOT put Wolf on that base without the Alien being firmly secured to the base.

:lecture This.

View attachment 121124thanks for the feedback- the alien comes out very easily it does look like the glue dried up, another thing I noticed is when its in the base you can either move it up a tiny bit back or forward I was leaning towards moving back.Any suggestion on what to use to clean up the old glue, I want to make sure it is nice and clean and ready for the new glue. From what I hear zap a gap seems to be the right choice glue, not found local though so I have to purchase it online.I want something strong enough to where you couldn't pull it out if you wanted to.View attachment 121123

You can remove the old glue with a small needle file, there are plenty of these sold in cheap sets in a hardware store or ebay. It you want a more snug fit before you glue you can use some aves apoxie sculpt (this is a self curing sculpting clay) to sculpt in the gap. I'd put a small amount in the side that needs filling then push the base in and remove it straight away to "mold" it to the fit. You may need to use some water on the base and apoxie sculpt to stop it sticking when you push it in. It's also a bit easier to do this after it has started to cure (about half an hour). If after it dries you have problems with it fitting in just file it back. Then use a quality super glue (I like Loctite) and let it cure for a day at least before you reattach the statue on top.

Back