Superior Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
SUPIM2014001-CinarVariant-Mashable-copy-77126.jpg

The third in the "shake-ups"

Today, via Mashable, we learn more about Tony Stark's new 'superiority' complex and get another look at his new armor. The series, which spins out of the events in the upcoming "Avengers & X-Men: AXIS" event, is written by Tom Taylor and illustrated by Yildray Cinar. The new series moves Stark's base of operations to San Francisco and updates his Extremis technology -- which the inventor has released to the world at large, a move which results in a confrontation with Daredevil, another recent San Francisco transplant.

"What you're seeing in 'Superior Iron Man' is a Tony Stark who’s seen both his worst and best impulses all let loose," Taylor told Mashable. "It is Tony, but he’s going to be in a zone now where he’s never been. He's more ambitious, cunning, egotistical ... all of those quantities are unharnessed. He has a vision for the world. I like to think his position is defensible — controversial, but defensible."

I think Marvel's best days are behind them

Agreed. But there's only so much you can do with characters over 40-70 years. I'd say it's pretty impossible for them to put out the "best" stuff this late in the game. Still it doesn't mean that the comics can't still be entertaining. Good art is universal and not time specific so new artists can always keep things fresh. And even if things largely get recycled decade after decade it's always interesting to at least see them try.

They had to use "Superior" again? Why not get creative again Marvel? What about "The Intolerable Iron Man"? And if he's going to be a prick, he can be "The Insensitive Iron Man".

Marvel's ideas as of late are Incomprehensible :lol

They had to use "Superior" again? Why not get creative again Marvel? What about "The Intolerable Iron Man"? And if he's going to be a prick, he can be "The Insensitive Iron Man".

Marvel's ideas as of late are Incomprehensible :lol
Just what I was thinking after Spider-Man :lol

Back