An chance there will be a Hot Toys Dwayne Johnson Hercules ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAB

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone heard or read anything?

They already have a perfect headsculpt with their 1/6 Gi Joe figure.....throw a beard and some long hair on that and we're good :D

Body was good on the GI Joe Rock as well though I think they'd need a muscle body version with some less visible joints for Hercules. Great starting point at least ....

I'd definitely buy a Hercules Rock ! Anyone else ?

Do you have the GI Joe figure SAB? You do not want a Hercules with that body :lol Also, the sculpt is nice, but can be way better.

I don't know where I saw it, but I think there was a rumour about Enterbay making a Luke Hobbs figure, or some kind of Dwayne Johnson figure.

It's The rock so they might it not Hot Toys some other company will take advantage of it.

I was going to use a headplay sculpt to mod for a scorpian king figure but having trouble figuring out the long hair.

Do you have the GI Joe figure SAB? You do not want a Hercules with that body :lol Also, the sculpt is nice, but can be way better.

I don't know where I saw it, but I think there was a rumour about Enterbay making a Luke Hobbs figure, or some kind of Dwayne Johnson figure.

What is wrong with the Roadblock body?

Nah, just basing my comments on the prototype pics. Honestly, haven't even seen the production version or know if its out yet.

But the headsculpt looks great in those pics to me and the body looks to be good dimensions (though hard to tell under all the military armor). I can only see the elbow joints look awful....

No, its not a marvel movie.

ilpe0t9ywghax.gif

What is wrong with the Roadblock body?
Nude, it's too skinny. Peeps can post pics of it at flattering angles all they want, but 'in hand', that's not The Rock's body type.
Nah, just basing my comments on the prototype pics. Honestly, haven't even seen the production version or know if its out yet.

But the headsculpt looks great in those pics to me and the body looks to be good dimensions (though hard to tell under all the military armor). I can only see the elbow joints look awful....
I got the figure. It looks pretty cool geared up. Maybe the body was specifically designed to look good geared up, I don't know. Sculpt is alright. Overall, it's a nice figure, but I'm a bit disappointed with the body & likeness. But I do like the figure overall.

Copied this over from the RoadBlock thread. Thought you might be interested in seeing an unpainted Dwayne Johnson sculpt SAB.
Hot Toys said:
10410147_10152192404237344_1257998204269120506_n.jpg

Today we would like to share a good news with fans! We will have a talented Head Sculptor, Mr. Viva Lai, from Taiwan officially joining Hot Toys!

Viva has previously worked on the head sculpt of G.I. Joe Retaliation’s Roadblock, and now he has sculpted the newly introduced 1/6th scale Rocket Collectible Figure from upcoming Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy!
I guess Hot Toys didn't feel like crediting him? :dunno
Hot Toys said:
Artists:

- Head Sculpted by Kim Kyung Ah

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by Kojun
I remember really wanting Viva Lai's Dwayne Johnson sculpt when I saw a pic posted on his Facebook of it unpainted way back when. I guess that might be what wound up being the RoadBlock sculpt maybe? I think I was more impressed with it unpainted.

474703_592716677429838_339774826_o.jpg

My thought process when reading your post:

'wait you're telling me Rock looks like a racoon? ....oh I get it, a Vin Diesel joke....ooooh there it is in the back"

Back