Marvel Comics makes Thor a thunder goddess

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Snoopy

Dark Beagle of the Sith
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Marvel Comics makes Thor a thunder goddess

NEW YORK (AP) — Thor is now a Goddess of Thunder.Marvel Comics announced Tuesday that the hammer-wielding Norse superhero will be a woman in upcoming comic book issues. Marvel was thin on details explaining the switch, but said in a press release that "no longer is the classic male hero able to hold the mighty hammer."
The new Thor was debuted on "The View" where artwork was revealed showcasing a buxom blonde clad a caped costume and brandishing the trademark hammer.
Series writer Jason Aaron says in a statement that "This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. ... This is THE Thor."
The Marvel universe has historically been male-dominated, but that may be changing. Marvel Studios is developing a stand-alone film for Black Widow, the character played by Scarlett Johansson.

h=300

Thor-Design-a0126.jpg

Discuss. :D

Edit:

From Marvel...

Marvel Proudly Presents Thor

Marvel is excited to announce an all-new era for the God of Thunder in brand new series, THOR, written by Jason Aaron complimented with art from Russell Dauterman.This October, Marvel Comics evolves once again in one of the most shocking and exciting changes ever to shake one of the “big three” of Captain America, Iron Man and Thor. No longer is the classic Thunder God able to hold the mighty hammer, Mjölnir, and a brand new female hero will emerge worthy of the name THOR.

Last edited:
The new Thor was debuted on "The View". Yeah all comic book fans watch that show! What's the matter Marvel, you couldn't come up with a new female superhero? So you had to destroy our existing heroes? BTW there is already a powerful female goddess. she is called WONDER WOMEN!! Jerks!

I stopped reading comics a loooooooong time ago, but this absolutely reeks of PC ******* for the sake of being just that, PC *******.

And, the very fact that it was revealed on (for the love of God) "The View" makes the anti-white/European guy bias all the more obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a rather odd decision to such an established character.

Not really, Marvel does this stuff all the time with their established characters. They body swapped Doc Ock and Spider-Man for a year (which turned out to be quite good), they've replaced Cap with Falcon and are still calling him Cap, made Thor a woman apparently and are killing Wolverine. Let's not forget about the time traveling paradox of the 1960 X-Men running around in modern times right now as a way to bring Jean back and things like Warren hanging out with himself or Older Scott fighting attractions to barely legal Jean.

I stopped reading comics a loooooooong time ago, but this absolutely reeks of PC ******* for the sake of being just that, PC *******.

And, the very fact that it was revealed on (for the love of God) "The View" makes the anti-white/European guy bias all the more obvious.

It's a stunt, both major comic companies are full of it. It's all about leading from one event to another. I think it's less about PC and more about trying to outdo the other and create buzz.

This idea reeks of laziness from the "House of Ideas". They can't come up with a compelling original female hero so just gender swap a current one.

Not really, Marvel does this stuff all the time with their established characters. They body swapped Doc Ock and Spider-Man for a year (which turned out to be quite good), they've replaced Cap with Falcon and are still calling him Cap, made Thor a woman apparently and are killing Wolverine. Let's not forget about the time traveling paradox of the 1960 X-Men running around in modern times right now as a way to bring Jean back and things like Warren hanging out with himself or Older Scott fighting attractions to barely legal Jean.

It's a stunt, both major comic companies are full of it. It's all about leading from one event to another. I think it's less about PC and more about trying to outdo the other and create buzz.

Jesus, I have been away from comics waaaay too long, lol. Wow...

In the Original Sin book that's out now Thor discovers he has a sister. Don't know what would make Thor give up Mjolnir but I'm guessing she's taking his place. Could have called her something else though instead of making "Thor" a title. What's man-Thor's name going to be now?

Back