Star Wars 12" Figure Packing Change

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Not sure if this needed a thread of its own, but what the heck. If some people aren't reading all the others threads, this might be news to them.

All you MIB collectors out there will be happy to know that Sideshow has changed the way they ship 12" figure boxes. Darth Maul shipped in an outer box that is a half inch or so larger on each side than the product itself, and with a styrofoam piece on the top and bottom giving it support and protecting the edges from being crushed or damaged. I predict that very few people are going to have to contact Sideshow for a replacement figure box this time. The overall dimensions of the shipping box aren't affected that much, but the product box itself is now practically guaranteed to get to you in perfect shape.

Once again, they have listened to us and made changes to keep us happy.

:clap :clap :clap

Last edited:
is this permanent? I figured this was done just to protect the super long double ended lightsaber inside which goes practically to the edges of the box inside.

hunky_artist said:
is this permanent? I figured this was done just to protect the super long double ended lightsaber inside which goes practically to the edges of the box inside.

I would think it permanent. I dont think SS would have done it just for Maul.

Yep mine just arrive (a day early) and was in excellent condition. There was even a nasty gouge on the shipper... but Maul's packaging was untouched! Here's hoping they continue to do this!

galactiboy said:
Yep mine just arrive (a day early) and was in excellent condition. There was even a nasty gouge on the shipper... but Maul's packaging was untouched! Here's hoping they continue to do this!

Damn a day early!! Congrats J.

Here's a picture posted by mrmforce over at RS.

HPIM1247.JPG

We'll just pretend that they listened to us FREAKS so we can feel like we made a difference :D

Darth Loki said:
We'll just pretend that they listened to us FREAKS so we can feel like we made a difference :D

I bet that the collector feedback had some kind of an impact. It certainly isn't cheaper to package them this way. Just another example of SS excellent CS!!!

Good point WG, and maybe all the cancellations changed their thinking about quality and consistency with paint apps too... :monkey1

I like the new packaging I hope its for good, either way though I'm still a little pissed at UPS, my shipping box had a huge gash in it and of course so did Maul's box....it really put a damper on getting this figure. Its really bugging me, do you think SSC will send me a new box or is it one of those send the whole thing back kind of things?

Ask for a new box mike, they'll honor your request, just give them a little time to get it out to you :D

I had to request 2 replacement Han boxes before I got one that wasn't mangled. Thanks SS for beefing up your shipping boxes!

Excellent, I hope they start doing this with their statues as well. Those little styro corners go a long way. :cool:

I sure hope this is how they will ship from here on out. I have received only two mint Sideshow figs from them ever, and I have ordered and rec all the Star Wars to date, plus some other lines....

...my Maul arrived very mint, and considering how much taller his package is than the rest, that is pretty awesome!

Back