New Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigWhammo

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Remender run has been horrible so far and soon will get even worse.

https://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/7/22814/exclusive_an_all-new_captain_america_debuts_this_fall

Problems I have with this are as follows.

A) This has been done to death. Think Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Thor, Spiderman, and Bucky Cap (among other Caps).

B) If it is Sam Wilson then it is a waste of a great character in the Falcon.

C) Comes on the heels of Wolverine's "death". How much of a status quo shake up does marvel need?

I know this reads like fanboy whining and it probably is but with thirty plus years invested I am getting a little tired of gimmicks as opposed to solid story telling.

The Remender run has been horrible so far and soon will get even worse.

Interesting, I actually loved the recent Iron Nail arc. I skipped the Dimension Z stuff though because I just couldn't get into the artwork.

If they want to phase Steve out, fine. He's earned his retirement. They seem to do this every 10-15 years and always bring him back anyway.

I see that Stuart Immonen is doing the cover for Cap #25. I'll definitely check it out if he does the interiors. I've loved his work on All-New X-Men.

Last edited:
Exactly my point.

I hear you, it's been done. But I see each "Cap No More" as a retelling for a new generation. I don't envy Marvel or DC's challenges in keeping these 70 year old characters interesting. At some point you just need to end it, or do the same thing, or change things so that they're radically different than what people fell in love with in the first place. Regardless of the route they choose they're going to upset people.

There's pretty much no way to do over 600 issues with the same character and not recycle a good amount of material. I think Cap's best comic days were many years ago (1978-89 plus the Waid/Garney 90's run are where it's at for me) but I think it's still fun to see what new life current writers and artists can still put into the character.

Last edited:
Perhaps this is on the heels with the rumored "recasting" of the MCU Cap and Sebastian Stan's 9-picture deal with Marvel? Which could very well see a "new" Cap since Evans has said he won't do anymore Marvel films? Maybe Marvel Comics wants to get the ball rolling early so their comic audience can get comfortable with ANOTHER new Captain America.

Bucky Cap 2.0???

Still...this is somewhat getting old. We know Steve Rogers will be back as Cap after a few years or so.

Perhaps this is on the heels with the rumored "recasting" of the MCU Cap and Sebastian Stan's 9-picture deal with Marvel? Which could very well see a "new" Cap since Evans has said he won't do anymore Marvel films?

I can't imagine that Evans has anything to do with the new comic Cap. Actors will always be replaced. That'd be crazy if they pretended every new actor was a different character altogether. I get the Sebastian Stan Bucky Cap thing since that has a precedent in the modern comics but eventually he'll be too old for the role and I think Marvel will prefer that they keep the now famous "Steve Rogers" name affiliated with their movie character indefinitely.

We'll just have to wait and see how everything turns out I guess. The thing for me with recasting, I just think of it like comics books like how we get different writers and artists. Different actors can lend their interpretation on that character in some sense. So it's just like switching artists or writers.

But but there's already a Thor Girl. And it's not Valkyrie XD

Edit: ohhh. Yeah just saw that on cmb. Okay is that part of the Original Sin tie in? Tbh I'm not totally opposed to it.

Sam Wilson has been announced as new Captain America

https://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/16/22895/its_time_for_an_all-new_captain_america

cap17n-1-web.jpg

Last edited:
Back