Did Sideshow ever release these...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so. Only Blackbeard and Vald made it out of the "Live by the Sword" line. Wish they'd make both of those. Surely any money they can make from those already made sculpts would be worth it. I small edition size like 500 or less? Also they should make that Frankenstein they never made.

Buttmunch said:
I don't think so. Only Blackbeard and Vald made it out of the "Live by the Sword" line. Wish they'd make both of those. Surely any money they can make from those already made sculpts would be worth it. I small edition size like 500 or less? Also they should make that Frankenstein they never made.

Ah yes! That would be this guy and he would probably sell better than any of The Dead line!

https://www.toymania.com/toyshows/sdcc02/full/sdcc02sideshow19.shtml

Damn, those are all sweet figures I'd love to have in my collection... I wonder if anyone in the know or from Sideshow could comment on these. The look awesome!

I loved those - they blow Ignite out of the water. But sadly they are not to be. Perhaps if Vlad and Blackbeard had sold better...

Which is crazy since Vlad is one of my favorite Sideshow figures?!? Although I have to admit I've only now just got him. I didn't understand the whole exclusive thing when he was first offered, and it wasn't until about a month ago I was able to find an exclusive version I could afford.

(thanks bonehead15 :rock )

yeah they look sweet, but i wonder what one of those would cost?? i mean it would probably be up around the Aliens Marines figures. thats a little out of my price range....but that's never stopped me before.:monkey3

oh pish posh. how much could that be? $70-75 tops i'd think. lil fake fur. doesn't even appear to have a rubber suit like Jason 9.

LordAzrael said:
they *made* a prototype ergo they made it. It never went into production. If you want to get all into the symantic.

Making a prototype is nothing. Nearly all the costs and trouble come from production. Plus no likeness approvals to deal with with the Knight.

Armor is a problem, whether it's a generic knight, an Origins Kurgan or a stormtrooper. Normally the only tooled part is the head, but with armor you have to tool all the armor pieces too. You'd have to be able to guarantee to sell over 3000 items to make it worthwhile. For Kurgan or a Knight, that's not likely for Stormtroopers? No problem.

Since Images of unreleased figures are being posted here, I thought I should complete the list. Here is the only other figure I know of that Sideshow never made.
It's The Inquisitor from War Hammer 40k:

I never played the game but it's an interesting figure.

Back