Snowpiercer (starring Chris Evans) -Awesome movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this today, great, GREAT movie! Solid 9/10

I know it's only playing in a few cities but go see this if you can! Especially you guys like Karamazov, JAWS, EVILFACE, etc., that really like old school gritty apocalyptic movies like T1 or Mad Max. I saw that there was a thread related to the trailer a few months back but I didn't bump it because I think you should see it cold. I saw this without seeing any clips or previews. It was awesome!

Chris Evans (what a freaking year he's having) in full Rick Grimes mode on a train with the last survivors of the human race. Lots of universal themes that we've seen in sci-fi/post-apocalypse films but written and plotted *so* well. Immensely satisfying film.

Highly recommended!

I'm really surprised this isn't getting more attention to be honest, I haven't seen it yet but from what I've heard it's a great movie.

I'm really surprised this isn't getting more attention to be honest, I haven't seen it yet but from what I've heard it's a great movie.

Here's why...

The North American rights were acquired by The Weinstein Company in 2012, based on the script and some completed footage, with a plan for wide release in the United States and Canada. However it was only released in the US on Jun 27, 2014 in just eight theaters in selected cities.[21] This delay was caused by Harvey Weinstein, an owner of The Weinstein Company, requesting 20 minutes of footage be cut and opening and closing monologues be added. Bong refused to cut it and while he succeed in getting the film released in an uncut form,[22] Weinstein retaliated by relegating the film to Radius-TWC, which meant the film only received a limited release in art house cinemas.[23] On July 2, it was announced that thanks to the positive reviews and buzz the film would get a wider US release and play in over 150 theaters.

haven't seen this one, but will look for it or at the least DL it. Its sad how great movies like these get railroaded for stupid personal reasons, and crap like transformers continue to get made......

it was a good movie. it had elements and touches from an isaac asimov novela.
for those that saw it already, you should check out the short animated prequel. a 3min shortie iirc...events that lead to the iced earth.

iirc, you started the FIRST thread about this. :lol

I just checked out the red trailer for it on youtube. Why did he think it needed monologues?

Thanks for posting this. They didn't show the cause of the big freeze in the movie?

they do. mentioned in the monologue intro iirc. its also important to note who the girl narrating that prequel is. she's one of the movie's key characters you'll meet.

I'm not trying to bash this film, but can somebody who has seen this please explain to me why a train is the best chance for survival in a new Ice Age? It just doesn't make sense to me.

An underground facility? Makes sense, as temperatures are much easier to regulate.

A Train? why a train? 98% of the space on the train would have to be devoted to resources just to last a few years. The only advantage it seems to have is that it's not stationary, making it difficult for looters to steal or take over the train.

I'm slightly interested in seeing this from the positive reviews, but I have to admit, it doesnt make sense to me.

Back