With a new Mad Max movie do we finally get a 1/6th scale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudimus

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's long overdue in my book. Even if it's Tom Hardy at first, a Mel Gibson would be sweet down the line.

With Sideshow finaly doing Escape From New York Snake Plissken i can see a Road Warrior 1/6 figure being a real possibility.

If Hot Toys were to pick it up, a V8 Interceptor would be sweet. They could do 2 versions at minimal cost, a pristine version from the 1st movie and a desert ravaged one with extra fuel tanks from the 2nd. It remains a mystery why it hasn't been done already.

If Hot Toys were to pick it up, a V8 Interceptor would be sweet. They could do 2 versions at minimal cost, a pristine version from the 1st movie and a desert ravaged one with extra fuel tanks from the 2nd. It remains a mystery why it hasn't been done already.

Licensing issues are the reason why there isn't a faithful representation of the Mad Max 1 Interceptor, ie the license holder isn't up for it. As for Mad Max 2, Autoart's 1/18 is the largest scale available because that's their preferred scale - and no other manufacturer has reckoned the number of people prepared to shell out $700-800 on a car from a niche cult movie high enough to be viable.

No chance. Like most films, this will be filmed Mostly in 1:1 scale, with some minatures used, generaly 1:4. the finished product will be blown up to several times normal size.

No chance. Like most films, this will be filmed Mostly in 1:1 scale, with some minatures used, generaly 1:4. the finished product will be blown up to several times normal size.

I thought most films were filmed in 1:1.0875 mode?

Back