PDA

View Full Version : Asmus: Any possibilities of doing Murgash?

Kraken Guard
06-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Not sure if this deserved its own thread. Apologies if I missed a thread elsewhere for questions. ^^

~Murgash (http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Murgash) was the black uruk in the Extended Edition who served under Gothmog. He was the one at the gates of Minas Tirith that informed the orc-lieutenant that the gates could not be breached with the normal battering ram.

Any possibilities of adding Murgash to the figures, considering that you've done Gothmog, and you're currently working on Guritz at the moment?
I've noticed that, in the movie, Murgash seems to follow Gothmog around a lot - if it's not Gothmog, it's Guritz. It'd be sort of interesting to see a figure for him, as it would sort of make up the orcish trio there.
But he's not a particularly prominent character when compared to Goth or Guri, so I'm not sure if he'd be worth the hassle, for lack of better words? :lol

The Chev
06-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Hmmm, Interesting choice. Personally, I'd like to See Lurtz, but I'm a big Creature guy so I'd be interested if it looks cool

Wor-Gar
06-27-2014, 08:10 PM
I'd rather have the Mordor Orc Boss... but Murgash is OK.

How about Argdush?

Kraken Guard
06-27-2014, 08:30 PM
I'd rather have the Mordor Orc Boss... but Murgash is OK.

How about Argdush?

Wait, this guy has a name as well?

... Yeah, he'd be pretty interesting to see as well.
Maybe that little guy that looks up ever-so lovingly at Gothmog after he kills Madril as well... :lol:

GRARBAG (http://merp.wikia.com/wiki/Grarbag)!!
... Hell, I'd be happy to see all of them!

Wor-Gar
06-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Orc Boss.... Orc Crusher.... whatever he is, I've been pushing for him....

superdoug
06-28-2014, 03:41 AM
I would get each and every one of them. I want some Uruk Hai too!

Kraken Guard
06-28-2014, 06:58 AM
Orc Boss.... Orc Crusher.... whatever he is, I've been pushing for him....

Well, according to the Middle-Earth Role playing wiki, his name is Gordmúl (http://merp.wikia.com/wiki/Gordm%C3%BAl). :wink1:

So THAT'S where the name Guritz came from...!

Wor-Gar
06-28-2014, 10:08 AM
I like the name, but can that RPG be trusted?

And where did Guritz come from? Same place?

The Josh
06-28-2014, 11:08 AM
That's not a name I'm familiar with then again neither was Guritz. I'm not sure those are official Tolkien given names.

Wor-Gar
06-28-2014, 12:50 PM
That's not a name I'm familiar with then again neither was Guritz. I'm not sure those are official Tolkien given names.

I'm certain they're not Tolkien names, but I was wondering if those are the names Jackson awarded or are they at best popularized names associated with the characters. If they're just role-playing-game names then I wonder about their validity.

Darklord Dave
06-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Since they've already done 2 random orcs no one cares about - his chances are probably better than Gimli's in being produced...

Wor-Gar
06-28-2014, 07:24 PM
:lol

Gothmog, random? He's my favorite (and fairly significant in ROTK). I completely got back into LOTR because Asmus made that figure. Guritz I'll give you.

I could have sworn you got random Gothmog, Dave?

sarayutthe3rd
06-28-2014, 08:49 PM
some goblin may be beter..I think goblin has interesting face shape.

Kraken Guard
06-29-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm certain they're not Tolkien names, but I was wondering if those are the names Jackson awarded or are they at best popularized names associated with the characters. If they're just role-playing-game names then I wonder about their validity.

The validity is up for debate; but they did use the name Guritz, so I don't see why not?

Gothmog, random? He's my favorite (and fairly significant in ROTK). I completely got back into LOTR because Asmus made that figure. Guritz I'll give you.

I agree. Even with the new Hobbit movies, Gothmog remains one of my favorite villains from the movies; and I adore the Asmus figure to pieces.

I bundle him up in a little blanket, and sleep with him every night. :)

Wor-Gar
06-29-2014, 02:04 PM
I bundle him up in a little blanket, and sleep with him every night. :)

I'll accept the name Gordmul for that orc I like. It fits. I'd be very happy to get a Gordmul figure from Asmus. And Murgash, and Argdush, and Mauhur, Ugluk, etc.

I would like LURTZ before all that though. I'm really hoping Lurtz is in the works and one of the next figures to be teased.

Kraken Guard
06-29-2014, 04:29 PM

I'll accept the name Gordmul for that orc I like. It fits. I'd be very happy to get a Gordmul figure from Asmus. And Murgash, and Argdush, and Mauhur, Ugluk, etc.

I would like LURTZ before all that though. I'm really hoping Lurtz is in the works and one of the next figures to be teased.

Lurtz would be pretty great as well.

... I wonder if there is an Asmus wishlist we could make? ^^

Darklord Dave
06-29-2014, 06:18 PM

I could have sworn you got random Gothmog, Dave?

I'll buy them all - but I'd hate to see random characters win out over main characters (and yea, Gothmog is a pretty random choice to make as a 1/6 figure given the selection of characters).

Kraken Guard
06-29-2014, 06:31 PM
I'll buy them all - but I'd hate to see random characters win out over main characters (and yea, Gothmog is a pretty random choice to make as a 1/6 figure given the selection of characters).

I think Gothmog is major enough to be deserving of a figure. Guritz, on the other hand, was a bit of a shock; but it's pretty cool that he's getting a figure.

As far as Giml goes? I'm sure he'll be included. It's more likely to see him over the orcs.

One can always dream though. ^^

Fritz
06-30-2014, 06:01 AM
Well, according to the Middle-Earth Role playing wiki, his name is Gordmúl (http://merp.wikia.com/wiki/Gordm%C3%BAl). :wink1:...

:lol I'll accept the name Gordmul for that orc I like. It fits. I'd be very happy to get a Gordmul figure from Asmus...

I believe he was known as Gordo to his friends. :lecture

What's with the random Orc characters/names?! :dunno :panic: :lol

But you never know, who would have guessed ahead of time that you would get characters such as an Orc Overseer or an Orc Pitmaster from the SSW line or even the Mordor Orc Scout PF from Sideshow. Those are as obscure as any of the suggestions here.

The Ween
07-01-2014, 06:06 PM

That's the way I feel. I'll buy them all too but there are others I'd rather see before more Orcs.

ChibiSchmoo
07-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Really hope Asmus moves on from the Mordor orcs. They did the two I wanted and Mordor-style was always my least favorite. Might consider Shagrat/Gorbag, but I'd really rather see Moria orcs and especially Uruk-hai.

kylemm
07-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Really hope Asmus moves on from the Mordor orcs. They did the two I wanted and Mordor-style was always my least favorite. Might consider Shagrat/Gorbag, but I'd really rather see Moria orcs and especially Uruk-hai.

Uruk hai would be really cool to see. I'd go for that over a orc I think. After we get some more main characters that is.

Asmus
07-03-2014, 02:36 AM
Hi,

We are happy to see more Orc/Uruk-hai. ideas,
we enjoyed very much doing beastly creatures.
so keep the ideas coming !!

egel
07-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Put Lurtz on the top of your list then. The only uruk/orc character besides Gothmog that deserves a spot between Saruman, Mouth of Sauron and the Witch-King IMO.

Lurtz > nameless orc.

Wor-Gar
07-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Put Lurtz on the top of your list then. The only uruk/orc character besides Gothmog that deserves a spot between Saruman, Mouth of Sauron and the Witch-King IMO.

Lurtz > nameless orc.

Agreed!

kylemm
07-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Lurtz would be awesome. Would be a for sure buy.

Asmus
07-03-2014, 10:13 PM

Hell yeah!

But Lurtz like dwarfs and hobbits,
require a special body, so it is not an instant projects,
it will require months of pre-productions.

That is also why Gimli is late.

Travis Baumann
07-07-2014, 04:03 PM
I would love some of the more "normal" looking orcs as the two so far are both sort of facially mangled. I liked Grishnákh (he was the one that wanted to eat Pippin and Merry and got stepped on by Treebeard) but I really love the two that fought over Frodo's mail shirt after they found him bound up by the spider, or any that look like these:

Lee in MI
07-10-2014, 09:17 AM
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Wor-Gar
07-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Grishnákh's (in your top two pictures?) decapitated head was the extra accessory with the exclusive version of one of the Sideshow offerings. Can't remember which figure it came with.

Yeah, that was the Moria Orc head with Boromir (second picture from top above). I'd like to make a Moria Orc.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/92091_press03-001.jpg

Gruff Old Bear
07-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Thanks, Wor-Gar. I deleted my post until I could figure it out. I was thinking it was Gandalf, and I knew that couldn't be it. Didn't want to torture people. I have the head. It could be converted. Toy Anxiety has parted out the prior Asmus figures and may do so again. And these new releases will have build-it parts. So it could be done.