Asmus: Any possibilities of doing Murgash?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kraken Guard

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Not sure if this deserved its own thread. Apologies if I missed a thread elsewhere for questions. ^^

~Murgash was the black uruk in the Extended Edition who served under Gothmog. He was the one at the gates of Minas Tirith that informed the orc-lieutenant that the gates could not be breached with the normal battering ram.

Any possibilities of adding Murgash to the figures, considering that you've done Gothmog, and you're currently working on Guritz at the moment?
I've noticed that, in the movie, Murgash seems to follow Gothmog around a lot - if it's not Gothmog, it's Guritz. It'd be sort of interesting to see a figure for him, as it would sort of make up the orcish trio there.
But he's not a particularly prominent character when compared to Goth or Guri, so I'm not sure if he'd be worth the hassle, for lack of better words? :lol

I'd rather have the Mordor Orc Boss... but Murgash is OK.

How about Argdush?

Argdush.jpg

That's not a name I'm familiar with then again neither was Guritz. I'm not sure those are official Tolkien given names.

That's not a name I'm familiar with then again neither was Guritz. I'm not sure those are official Tolkien given names.

I'm certain they're not Tolkien names, but I was wondering if those are the names Jackson awarded or are they at best popularized names associated with the characters. If they're just role-playing-game names then I wonder about their validity.

Since they've already done 2 random orcs no one cares about - his chances are probably better than Gimli's in being produced...

:lol

Gothmog, random? He's my favorite (and fairly significant in ROTK). I completely got back into LOTR because Asmus made that figure. Guritz I'll give you.

I could have sworn you got random Gothmog, Dave?

I'm certain they're not Tolkien names, but I was wondering if those are the names Jackson awarded or are they at best popularized names associated with the characters. If they're just role-playing-game names then I wonder about their validity.

The validity is up for debate; but they did use the name Guritz, so I don't see why not?

Gothmog, random? He's my favorite (and fairly significant in ROTK). I completely got back into LOTR because Asmus made that figure. Guritz I'll give you.

I agree. Even with the new Hobbit movies, Gothmog remains one of my favorite villains from the movies; and I adore the Asmus figure to pieces.

I bundle him up in a little blanket, and sleep with him every night. :)

Last edited:
I bundle him up in a little blanket, and sleep with him every night. :)

I'll accept the name Gordmul for that orc I like. It fits. I'd be very happy to get a Gordmul figure from Asmus. And Murgash, and Argdush, and Mauhur, Ugluk, etc.

I would like LURTZ before all that though. I'm really hoping Lurtz is in the works and one of the next figures to be teased.

I'll accept the name Gordmul for that orc I like. It fits. I'd be very happy to get a Gordmul figure from Asmus. And Murgash, and Argdush, and Mauhur, Ugluk, etc.

I would like LURTZ before all that though. I'm really hoping Lurtz is in the works and one of the next figures to be teased.

Lurtz would be pretty great as well.

... I wonder if there is an Asmus wishlist we could make? ^^

I could have sworn you got random Gothmog, Dave?

I'll buy them all - but I'd hate to see random characters win out over main characters (and yea, Gothmog is a pretty random choice to make as a 1/6 figure given the selection of characters).

I'll buy them all - but I'd hate to see random characters win out over main characters (and yea, Gothmog is a pretty random choice to make as a 1/6 figure given the selection of characters).

I think Gothmog is major enough to be deserving of a figure. Guritz, on the other hand, was a bit of a shock; but it's pretty cool that he's getting a figure.

As far as Giml goes? I'm sure he'll be included. It's more likely to see him over the orcs.

One can always dream though. ^^

Well, according to the Middle-Earth Role playing wiki, his name is Gordmúl. :wink1:...

:lol I'll accept the name Gordmul for that orc I like. It fits. I'd be very happy to get a Gordmul figure from Asmus...

I believe he was known as Gordo to his friends. :lecture

What's with the random Orc characters/names?! :dunno :panic: :lol

But you never know, who would have guessed ahead of time that you would get characters such as an Orc Overseer or an Orc Pitmaster from the SSW line or even the Mordor Orc Scout PF from Sideshow. Those are as obscure as any of the suggestions here.

That's the way I feel. I'll buy them all too but there are others I'd rather see before more Orcs.

Back