Sideshow distributing store in LA?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarakawa

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone in the LA, Irvine, San Diego area know of any comic stores that sells sideshow stuff? I use cornerstorecomics in anaheim to buy stuff but it would be nice to have some other options. Thanks in advance!

If you live in LA you should see if SS will sell you statues direct since their warehouse is just around the corner..

Cornerstore comics and BeachBall comics sell HT at their retail shop. Those are the only places that I know of that well HT in those areas

In Burbank, Blast From The Past sells Sideshow stuff. Mostly 1/6 but they stock some statues and can order you anything from sideshow... you save on shipping too if you pick up there as they don't charge you for shipping. You can also pay 50% up front and 50% on delivery. They might require that, but I'm not sure.

In Burbank, Blast From The Past sells Sideshow stuff. Mostly 1/6 but they stock some statues and can order you anything from sideshow... you save on shipping too if you pick up there as they don't charge you for shipping. You can also pay 50% up front and 50% on delivery. They might require that, but I'm not sure.

Also, Halo 13 has stores in Burbank Mall and Glendale. They stock most everything from sideshow and most hot toys. Often have some slightly older stuff too.

+1 for Blast from the Past.
Store owners are helpful and there's lots of other collectibles other than SSC there to peruse.

Halo 13 is overpriced, in my experience, and I would rather go to ebay before I buy from them.

+1 for Blast from the Past.
Store owners are helpful and there's lots of other collectibles other than SSC there to peruse.

Halo 13 is overpriced, in my experience, and I would rather go to ebay before I buy from them.

Agreed. I like Halo 13 as a place to browse for a bit if I get dragged to the mall by the lady, but I haven't and will likely never buy anything from them.

Blast from the Past owner Larry can be very pleasant, if not a bit gruff at times. His employees are great though. Tons of stuff to check out and carries loads of older 90s toys in and out of the packages. His prices are always fair. I've even traded some stuff to him. He won't give very good prices and hems and haws about trading at all, but if you have good stuff, not your old junk, he's usually open to at least considering it. That's how I got my deadpool ssc statue. Traded him some MOTUC figures, couple older SDCC exclusives and some Play Arts batman stuff for a little over half the cost of the statue and paid the rest in cash.

Blast off Comics in NoHo (North Hollywood), still more of a comic book store but is a SS retailer with items displayed.

Meltdown on Sunset, Things From Another World at Universal Citywalk has a lot of items if you don't mind a crowd.

Huh, never heard of or been to Blast Off Comics. That's on my way to/from work. Will have to check it out. My comic store is House of Secrets in Burbank since everyone who works there is awesome and they treat people much better than many comic shop owners/employees tend to in my experience (cough) DJ's Universal Comics (/cough). Nice to have another shop closer to me, other than Earth-2 which isn't toooooo far, Blast Off may be closest to me. House of Secrets is a little out of my way, and a 10 minute detour each way on my way home from work on Wednesdays, but it's too great not to keep going. Unfortunately they stopped carrying SSC stuff a while ago for several reasons.

House of Secrets is a nice spot, I bought a few Ragnar prints from there a while back. Blast Off is just south of Magnolia on Lankershim (east side), right in the heart of what is now the Noho Arts District. A nice clean comic shop 5 min from my front door. When I was last there Galactus and Iron Man LSF were out on display.

If you live in LA you should see if SS will sell you statues direct since their warehouse is just around the corner..

Nope.

However, there's a pretty cool comic shop on Universal City Walk that hosts a pretty impressive Sideshow and Hot Toys display. And, if you're near Ventura, Hypno Comics (which is currently up for an Eisner Award) always has a handful available, and can order pretty much anything for you.

Back