Selling Damaged Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPM716

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm relatively green to Hot Toys (I've had only two figures for a couple of years) so I don't really know the market. I'm trying to sell the figures, but they aren't in great condition. It's nothing too serious, but I rather sell them as is than spend the money on repairs. That said, what's the best way to sell damaged figures?

Well, first lets start with what figures you own. People MAY be more inclined to forgive small imperfections on a very desirable figure, of course you won't get full aftermarket price.
Second, what exactly is wrong with them? If your talking a small missing part or a minor paint blemish at the back of the neck or something that's not too horrifying. But if were talking broken body parts that's something else...

First: Avengers Black Widow and Hawkeye

Second: Black Widow's holster belt is unbuckled and needs to be glued, and Hawkeye's stringed bow is broken at the hinge, and the relaxed hand has a broken peg in it.
I'm hoping those issues aren't too bad, and I'm not really looking to get the aftermarket prices for them, just enough to make my money back.

Those sound like fairly minor issues. The stuff for Hawkeye especially a person could probably just buy the parted out broken items if it bothered them.

So I'm relatively green to Hot Toys (I've had only two figures for a couple of years) so I don't really know the market. I'm trying to sell the figures, but they aren't in great condition. It's nothing too serious, but I rather sell them as is than spend the money on repairs. That said, what's the best way to sell damaged figures?

Imo the best way is to be as honest and as thorough as you can in your item description on your For Sale thread. Pictures of the defects or damaged area(s) help a ton, and prospective buyers will be able to gauge the severity of the damage to see what kind of repair work is in store for them ahead of time which is great.

Last edited:
Oh, didn't catch that. Well then, eBay, amazon, Craiglist, or Facebook groups would be other alternatives.

I've had good success moving stuff on Amazon, prices are outrageous, so I would always list stuff cheaper and it sells quickly.

As for the issues, I don't see that scaring someone off of Hawkeye, or black widow. Just list them with a discount and you'll be fine. Make sure to Photograph all issues on whatever site you choose to list the figures on. It's a nice way of Protecting yourself, especially with selling "AS IS" figures.

Good Luck.

Imo the best way is to be as honest and as thorough as you can in your item description on your For Sale thread. Pictures of the defects or damaged area(s) help a ton, and prospective buyers will be able to gauge the severity of the damage to see what kind of repair work is in store for them ahead of time which is great.

:exactly: Follow this and you will be fine. I have sold many damaged (and incomplete) figures on eBay quite easily. Just price it accordingly. Some buyers overlook the damage anyway especially if it is a rarer figure that they really want.

Back