Asmus Aragorn - grey or red shirt?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the 1/6 Asmus Aragorn have a red or grey shirt?

• Grey

Votes: 46 62.2%
  • Red

Votes: 28 37.8%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Asmus asked, so let's have a poll!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Voted grey :)

...but it's only a slight preference, I'm really not fussed whichever they go with.

Bit of a trick here: when he wears the gray shirt, his "vest" is reddish. But when he wears his red shirt, is vest is blackish.

I want the red shirt, but NOT if the 'vest' is also red.

Voted Grey. Here's the logic:

I don't see Asmus producing every little 'niche' version of Ranger Aragorn, nor do I want them to. I'd prefer they do as 'fully loaded' a Ranger Aragorn as possible. They basically have one shot to give us the grey shirt. If they make a Helm's Deep Aragorn, or a Black Gates Aragorn, that's another chance to get the red shirt. Plus Art Figures just did a good version of the red shirt with their "The King" figure if you really need one now. Sideshow's grey shirt is inadequate - you cannot do an "Amon Hen" version with it since there are no sleeves.

It really depends on what movie they're going for. If it's FOTR, then for accuracy, it should be Grey. If it's for TTT or ROTK then it should be red. I voted grey though b/c we don't have an accurate grey shirt. The red shirt that came with Art Figures' The King was pretty accurate

Voted Grey. Here's the logic:

I don't see Asmus producing every little 'niche' version of Ranger Aragorn, nor do I want them to. I'd prefer they do as 'fully loaded' a Ranger Aragorn as possible. They basically have one shot to give us the grey shirt. If they make a Helm's Deep Aragorn, or a Black Gates Aragorn, that's another chance to get the red shirt. Plus Art Figures just did a good version of the red shirt with their "The King" figure if you really need one now. Sideshow's grey shirt is inadequate - you cannot do an "Amon Hen" version with it since there are no sleeves.

I voted grey for the same reasons. A future "Black Gates" Aragorn would have the same/similar red shirt/chain mail base layer needed to convert an FotR figure into a "Helm's Deep" version. A grey shirt would allow for an accurate "Strider" as well as an "Amon Hen" version to pose with Lurtz.

I'd think red since we did get a pretty good Strider from Sideshow... so if we can get a Helm's Deep Aragorn that would add a bit of variety. But either way as long as the rest of the outfit matches up I'll be happy.

Both would be cool, but if it can be only one then I vote Red - as I like the Helms Deep look.

Voted red but would take either or both. I'm more concerned with the head sculpt and overall package myself.

Grey, the Fellowship/Amon Hen look is the best. Closest thing to "Strider" too.

n23932285_31470797_4029.jpg

I voted red , but I would be ok with either. Grey looks great too, its just a matter of picking a movie. Maybe down the line they'll release Aragorn as elessar marching on Mordor, but the ranger look ( grey) looks nice

After reading some chapters of the books again, I remembered the grey shirt has a meaning - he is the leader of the grey company. So yeah, I'd change my vote if I could ;)
Shame they omitted it from the movies, its an awesome part of the story

Back