SDCC Exclusive Alien Deep Space Mystery ReAction Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisM

Super Freak
Reaction score
Super7 x Funko: Alien Deep Space Mystery ReAction Figures

Debuting at San Diego Comic-Con July 23 - 27, 2014 - Super7 Booth #5245

From Deep Space comes a mysterious Alien Egg containing an unknown life form! Only by looking inside the hideously detailed egg can you find out what ReAction Figure lurks inside. Doubling as a blind box, each Alien egg contains an extremely limited, secret ReAction Figure. Hidden in these eggs are new sculpts and colors never before seen in the Alien universe. Once opened, the egg doubles as an action figure stand featuring a foot-peg to pose your ReAction Figure standing in the terrifying open mouth of the Alien Deep Space Egg! In space no one can hear you scream… Limited to four eggs per person for the entirety of the show. $25 ea.

c9a07f79-d51f-447b-b5a2-f3aebdb93005.jpg

Attachments

• c9a07f79-d51f-447b-b5a2-f3aebdb93005.jpg
    c9a07f79-d51f-447b-b5a2-f3aebdb93005.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 832
What lurks inside the hideously detailed egg?

A hideously un-detailed Funko Alien figure.

Seriously, the Kenner idea had some novelty, but moving over to Funko for manufacture, ect. and pumping out everything in some odd game of Vinyl Pop! catch-up is just awful. Mass produced crap indeed. I only hope that for Funko's sake they don't crash and burn with this line. (Or that people really are more stupid than I thought and buy all of this...)

That egg chamber set is boss except for the $100 price, the extreme limited nature and the cheap, piece of **** cardboard backdrop.

No, it is not a joke. Also it is selling for $300 on eBay so you would be lucky to pay $100 for it.

That egg chamber set is boss except for the $100 price, the extreme limited nature and the cheap, piece of **** cardboard backdrop.

The cardboard is supposed to be part of the charm, harking back to the SW playsets of the late 70s/early 80s.

The cardboard is supposed to be part of the charm, harking back to the SW playsets of the late 70s/early 80s.

Supposedly, if they are to be believed, the $100 price tag was the "break even" point as the playset was a labor of love (or something).

The one thing I know for sure is the egg chamber box art is hilarious. That is some retro packaging right there. Nothing like small children being super excited about a rated-R movie toys. Just like the old days! They nailed the retro style top to bottom.

The playset is super cool. I doubt I'll get my hands on one at a decent price. I'm satisfied with the carded figure set.

Supposedly, if they are to be believed, the $100 price tag was the "break even" point as the playset was a labor of love (or something).

If they break even at an edition of 250 they could have made some money making a couple hundred more. Imagine that!

I'm having a hard time seeing the appeal if these ReAction figures. They are crappier than the figures I had growing up. At least the old Star Wars, GI Joe, Super Powers, He-man, and Transformers have sentimental appeal to me. These remind me of knock-offs I'd blow up with firecrackers or shoot apart with my BB gun when I was a kid.

Thanks! The Ebay prices for the blue were crazy!

Had to hit Ebay for the mystery figs. I got two with the eggs for about $80 shipped!

That's not too bad. I think because they were variants and not new, painted figures helped keep the prices down. It also seems that they made a lot of them this year.

Hey all, I managed to snag 5 eggs, but 4 of them are the same dark glittery alien. If anyone would like to trade or buy for a fair price let me know!

Here is a photo: https://rexb.in/71OV

Last edited:
Back