The Last Ship - TNT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staps1138

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anybody catch this last night? Thought it was good and it suprised me how much I enjoyed it.

The only thing I had a hard time buying was that the Russian helicopters didn't take out any of the soldiers on the ground during their attack. Oh, and the video message from his wife and kids getting sent through to the ship was a bit too much of a predictable tv show moment.

I did think the production was well done - kinda seemed like a movie to me. I like the cast for the most part, not sure about the captain yet but the female scientist is always enjoyable to watch - :).

Last edited:
Thought it was a pretty good start as well. I was laughing at how bad the Russian chopper gunners were too.

I thought it was pretty good. I think it would've been better as a mini series though. How long can they drag this out?

I have a friend in this show, so i'm glad to see people are watching it.

I haven't though so I will check it out :lol

That's great bud. I actually enjoyed it a lot even though it's completely different from the novel. I plan to watch it from now on and hopefully it lasts so your friend gets a regular gig on it.

You could probably make the argument that all of the pilots and gunners were infected so the probably weren't performing so hotly.

I enjoyed it for what it was. The big speech and salute at the end were the corniest moments but overall it was good. Looking forward to seeing where the rest of the season goes.

Thought last night's episode was a good follow up to the pilot, I hope it keeps going and doesn't lose steam.

There's some cheesy stuff I don't like but its fun.

Yeah, I thought it was another nice episode. That guy they picked up from gitmo should help. Hoping they kill that Russia back stabber soon.

not that bad so far ...will give it a few more episodes to see if i will keep watching

Rhona Mitra might keep me watching even if the show goes downhill....but i think it will be good anyway...just hope it doesnt become Lost

The action is great but theres definitely some cheese in it and real cliche writing like the useless dude who redeems himself at the end of the episode and the romance between the two LT's is completely unnecessary at this point.

Also I'm kinda disappointed with the one scientist guy. As soon as I saw him and the Russians showed up, I instantly thought "he's the spy". Doesn't help that I remembered him speaking Russian and was a ****** in the movie defiance.

Back