To the owners of the first Sideshow 1/6 Hellboy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronZilmad

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi people,

After seeing the Hellboy 2 movie for the second time I really want to add this character on my shelves ASAP.

The first product in my mind is the Hot Toys 1/6 Hellboy 2 but unfortunatly the prices are going to the moon and I can't afford him for now.

Anyway, I've found an interesting bid on eBay for an Sideshow Hellboy action figure, the first one. (starting at 50€)

review_hellboy12_3.jpg

If some of you have this figure right now, can you please put some nice pics on this thread and give me your feeling on him ? Can the jacket be removed ?

This way I can have a quick idea on what I can have. I plan to make some repaint, the tooth for example, etc.

Thanks you very much for reading.

Cheers. :)

Hi people,

After seeing the Hellboy 2 movie for the second time I really want to add this character on my shelves ASAP.

The first product in my mind is the Hot Toys 1/6 Hellboy 2 but unfortunatly the prices are going to the moon and I can't afford him for now.

Anyway, I've found an interesting bid on eBay for an Sideshow Hellboy action figure, the first one. (starting at 50€)

review_hellboy12_3.jpg

If some of you have this figure right now, can you please put some nice pics on this thread and give me your feeling on him ? Can the jacket be removed ?

This way I can have a quick idea on what I can have. I plan to make some repaint, the tooth for example, etc.

Thanks you very much for reading.

Cheers. :)

The T-Shirt looks good. Aside from that, I would not put that... thing on my shelf.

I like Sideshow's Hellboy more than Hot Toys'. Out of the box you're going to hate the body. It's small and has very loose hip joints. If you are willing and or able to switch the body it improves greatly. The pants are nicer than HT's. The trench material is close to the movie counterpart; weathering will enhance it. If you can get him for under $100 then I say it's worth it. However, his price has been steadily rising. I remember getting him for around $30 a couple of years ago.
2u6022p.jpg
296i2ht.jpg

That actually looks pretty good with the body switch. Don't like the coat or sculpt. I'd maybe switch the hands and boots for hot toys if they're cheap enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hated the coat at first, but I found that it was close to what was on screen material-wise. It needs to be a darker mustard. The possibilities are great however:
15eicf4.jpg

Woah, that looks a lot better. Still not a fan of the sculpt or expression. I would prefer to use the ttm20 like you did in your earlier post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back