SDCC/Ani-Com 2014-Predictions/Wish Lists

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
We're a little over a month away and I thought it'd be neat to see what my fellow freaks were looking forward to, this year. What do you want to see, what do you think we'll see; this is about anything, really. Collectibles, movies, etc., so, with out further adieu, discuss.

Personally, I'm hoping that HT finally fills in their backlog. Arkham City, Batman Returns, Back to the Future, etc., and maybe brings a few surprises, as well (some 66 Batman villains, their third quarter scale release, etc.). As far as SDCC goes, though, outside of that stuff, I'm just hoping we finally get '66 Batman solicits. I just want to put my mind at ease about whether or not it'll be on Blu-Ray.

Probably products I'm not interested in i.e. 2014 and 2015 movies. I reckon mostly Marvel.

What I'd like to see and what we'll probably see are likely two vastly different realities.
Like to see: Avatar Neytiri, Quaritch; BTTF Marty and Doc (modern, future and/or western); Star Wars Anakin Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia; Thor TDW Lady Sif, Heimdall; MoS Faora, Superman black costume or DX; '66 Batgirl, Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, Batmobile; Batman Returns Catwoman and Penguin; Terminatrix disguise and endo; Smooth Criminal; Guardians of the Galaxy.
Probably see: 2-3 Iron Man armors, Iron Whiplash, another Batman, another Joker, Guardians of the Galaxy, MoS black costume

At this point I'm spending so much $ on HT it might be nice break to have a lackluster offering. GotG alone is going to be over a grand.

Last edited:
Based on their 2014 catalog pics (BTTF, Maleficent, 66 Batmobile, IM, Anime etc) I find nothing of interest. I'll have WS items to keep me occupied until 2015 so all is good.

Much as I'm among those getting digs in at Hot Toys at every opportunity for their delaying and 'coming soon' ***t I actually won't be too miffed if I see nothing of interest this year. I'm getting multiples of Robocop and the PS T-800, and add to that NECA stuff and customs & dioramas that I may invest in etc etc I'm already gonna be spending a fair bit.

Granted anything they show will not be an imminent release so I might be able to manage if there is some stuff I want. BTTF, Batman Returns, Full BD Robocop.

Same as a-dev. While I'd like to see the '66 batmobile I could care less if they delay that bad boy.

I want to see Batman Returns, a new Mark III, Aldrich Killian, BTTF, and some other Marvel coolness. They used to bring the awesomeness but since their love for Marvel started it's very predictable.

I'd kill to see them do new Aliens.

Hot Toys Iron Man Mk37 - Hammerhead
Hot Toys Iron Man Mk42 - Shotgun
Hot Toys Iron Man Mk24 - Tank (for those not into the Red and Gold of Heartbreaker)
Hot Toys Iron Man Mk34 - SouthPaw (for those not into Red Snapper's arm attachments)
Hot Toys Aliens - Pvt. Vasquez with Smart gun
Hot Toys Edge of Tomorrow - Rita Vrataski in FMB battle suit
Hot Toys X-Men - Mystique

Sideshow Star Wars - Scout Trooper
Sideshow Star Wars - Speeder Bike
Sideshow Star Wars - Super Battle Droid
Sideshow Star Wars - Droideka

Neca 1/4 Grimlock Dinobot (transformability not required.. because a mecha-T Rex is totally more awesome than anything it could transform into)

.. perfectly achievable list imho.. make it so, HT, Sideshow and Neca!

Edit.. Neca 1/4 Avengers Hulk.. where is this already, Neca? :impatient:

I wonder what the Toy Fair EX's will be for Hot Toys. I hoping at least 1 of the 3 is interesting and not a lame choice.
1 is almost guaranteed to be an Iron Man repaint. An obscure Predator from P2 already released with an updated body is a possibility. There will probably be one that is a genuine new release (like the POTC woman, or Coulson from last year) that wouldn't be a huge seller as a regular release, so it gets relegated to the con exclusive. Maybe Maria Hill or Pepper Potts or something. Possibly another obscure Tony Stark. Would be great if they did something like Ra's, detective Gordon, or even Bucky Barnes, but I'm not optimistic.

Dear Santa, on this year's comic cons I'd like to see: :pray:

HT - BB - Jim Gorden - Trenchcoat Version
HT - BB - Ra's Al Ghul - any version would be great
HT - BB - Lucius Fox - Tumbler Testing Version
HT - BB - Bat Signal - With a massive LED light to scare your neighbors :lol
HT - BB - DX?? Batman - Begins suit with optional chest armor with and without Bat-symbol
HT - TDKR - John Blake
HT - TDKR - Armory + Bruce

Last edited:
A real wishlist hope would be for:

-Zod from '78 Superman
-Magneto/Charles X-Men: First Class 2-pack with flight suits
-Kyle Reese/Sarah Connor T1 2-pack

Wish list and predictions two different animals but I'll play. I know the design will be simple or a repaint so:

Wish list: 1 Marvel, 1 DC, 1 Random from list below:
Marvel: DoFP Mags, DoFP Wolverine, Punisher, M Hill, Tesseract possessed Hawkeye
DC: Ras, Comm Gordon, Black suit MoS, 66 Swim Suit Batman
Random: Barbossa, Rambo, Blane (Predator)

Back