PDA

View Full Version : SDCC/Ani-Com 2014-Predictions/Wish Lists

batfan08
06-12-2014, 10:51 PM
We're a little over a month away and I thought it'd be neat to see what my fellow freaks were looking forward to, this year. What do you want to see, what do you think we'll see; this is about anything, really. Collectibles, movies, etc., so, with out further adieu, discuss.

Personally, I'm hoping that HT finally fills in their backlog. Arkham City, Batman Returns, Back to the Future, etc., and maybe brings a few surprises, as well (some 66 Batman villains, their third quarter scale release, etc.). As far as SDCC goes, though, outside of that stuff, I'm just hoping we finally get '66 Batman solicits. I just want to put my mind at ease about whether or not it'll be on Blu-Ray.

DiFabio
06-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Probably products I'm not interested in i.e. 2014 and 2015 movies. I reckon mostly Marvel.

karamazov80
06-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Guardians of the Galaxy, Spidey figures, a few more Iron Men, possibly another Johnny Depp. . .that's all I see, really.

DiFabio
06-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Guardians of the Galaxy, Spidey figures, a few more Iron Men, possibly another Johnny Depp. . .that's all I see, really.

Pretty much.

This will be me when SDCC 2014 and Ani-Con 2014 pics hit,

http://youtu.be/o0iVd8b5QyA?t=25s

nexus
06-13-2014, 10:13 AM
What I'd like to see and what we'll probably see are likely two vastly different realities.
Like to see: Avatar Neytiri, Quaritch; BTTF Marty and Doc (modern, future and/or western); Star Wars Anakin Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia; Thor TDW Lady Sif, Heimdall; MoS Faora, Superman black costume or DX; '66 Batgirl, Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, Batmobile; Batman Returns Catwoman and Penguin; Terminatrix disguise and endo; Smooth Criminal; Guardians of the Galaxy.
Probably see: 2-3 Iron Man armors, Iron Whiplash, another Batman, another Joker, Guardians of the Galaxy, MoS black costume

At this point I'm spending so much $ on HT it might be nice break to have a lackluster offering. GotG alone is going to be over a grand.

Darkseed
06-13-2014, 11:09 PM
Based on their 2014 catalog pics (BTTF, Maleficent, 66 Batmobile, IM, Anime etc) I find nothing of interest. I'll have WS items to keep me occupied until 2015 so all is good.

a-dev
06-15-2014, 09:32 AM
Much as I'm among those getting digs in at Hot Toys at every opportunity for their delaying and 'coming soon' ***t I actually won't be too miffed if I see nothing of interest this year. I'm getting multiples of Robocop and the PS T-800, and add to that NECA stuff and customs & dioramas that I may invest in etc etc I'm already gonna be spending a fair bit.

Granted anything they show will not be an imminent release so I might be able to manage if there is some stuff I want. BTTF, Batman Returns, Full BD Robocop.

The Chev
06-16-2014, 07:49 PM
I wonder what the Toy Fair EX's will be for Hot Toys. I hoping at least 1 of the 3 is interesting and not a lame choice.

Lejuan
06-17-2014, 01:23 AM
Same as a-dev. While I'd like to see the '66 batmobile I could care less if they delay that bad boy.

Johnny Utah
06-17-2014, 03:03 AM
I want to see Batman Returns, a new Mark III, Aldrich Killian, BTTF, and some other Marvel coolness. They used to bring the awesomeness but since their love for Marvel started it's very predictable.

I'd kill to see them do new Aliens.

Taibhse
06-17-2014, 06:41 AM
Hot Toys Iron Man Mk37 - Hammerhead
Hot Toys Iron Man Mk42 - Shotgun
Hot Toys Iron Man Mk24 - Tank (for those not into the Red and Gold of Heartbreaker)
Hot Toys Iron Man Mk34 - SouthPaw (for those not into Red Snapper's arm attachments)
Hot Toys Aliens - Pvt. Vasquez with Smart gun
Hot Toys Edge of Tomorrow - Rita Vrataski in FMB battle suit
Hot Toys X-Men - Mystique

Sideshow Star Wars - Scout Trooper
Sideshow Star Wars - Speeder Bike
Sideshow Star Wars - Super Battle Droid
Sideshow Star Wars - Droideka

Neca 1/4 Grimlock Dinobot (transformability not required.. because a mecha-T Rex is totally more awesome than anything it could transform into)

.. perfectly achievable list imho.. make it so, HT, Sideshow and Neca!

Edit.. Neca 1/4 Avengers Hulk.. where is this already, Neca? :impatient:

karamazov80
06-17-2014, 06:48 AM
I wonder what the Toy Fair EX's will be for Hot Toys. I hoping at least 1 of the 3 is interesting and not a lame choice.
1 is almost guaranteed to be an Iron Man repaint. An obscure Predator from P2 already released with an updated body is a possibility. There will probably be one that is a genuine new release (like the POTC woman, or Coulson from last year) that wouldn't be a huge seller as a regular release, so it gets relegated to the con exclusive. Maybe Maria Hill or Pepper Potts or something. Possibly another obscure Tony Stark. Would be great if they did something like Ra's, detective Gordon, or even Bucky Barnes, but I'm not optimistic.

Johnny Utah
06-17-2014, 07:17 AM
I'd like to finally see Ra's and the Lone Ranger. Crap film, cool western figure.

a-dev
06-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Same as a-dev. While I'd like to see the '66 batmobile I could care less if they delay that bad boy.

Bro, I wonder what Christopher Reeves would say about this.

Fan
06-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Dear Santa, on this year's comic cons I'd like to see: :pray:

HT - BB - Jim Gorden - Trenchcoat Version
HT - BB - Ra's Al Ghul - any version would be great
HT - BB - Lucius Fox - Tumbler Testing Version
HT - BB - Bat Signal - With a massive LED light to scare your neighbors :lol
HT - BB - DX?? Batman - Begins suit with optional chest armor with and without Bat-symbol
HT - TDKR - John Blake
HT - TDKR - Armory + Bruce

karamazov80
06-17-2014, 09:18 AM
A real wishlist hope would be for:

-Zod from '78 Superman
-Magneto/Charles X-Men: First Class 2-pack with flight suits
-Kyle Reese/Sarah Connor T1 2-pack

a-dev
06-17-2014, 09:20 AM

-Zod from '78 Superman

I approve. Though I'd rather a Magneto in his DOFP costume.

karamazov80
06-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Yeah, that plus DOFP Charles in wheelchair is an even better wishlist idea, but even my unrealistic wishes know when they've gone too far.

Lejuan
06-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Bro, I wonder what Christopher Reeves would say about this.

I've taken to opening threads I'm not interested in because they're more likely to throw up a bad boy :lol But with no luck :monkey2

Darkseed
06-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Wish list and predictions two different animals but I'll play. I know the design will be simple or a repaint so:

Wish list: 1 Marvel, 1 DC, 1 Random from list below:
Marvel: DoFP Mags, DoFP Wolverine, Punisher, M Hill, Tesseract possessed Hawkeye
DC: Ras, Comm Gordon, Black suit MoS, 66 Swim Suit Batman
Random: Barbossa, Rambo, Blane (Predator)

karamazov80
06-17-2014, 07:04 PM
That Hawkeye's a good idea, because it would be cheap, and it would sell. If Hot Toys thought if it, they would probably do it.

DiFabio
06-17-2014, 09:23 PM

-Zod from '78 Superman

Great list, would buy all (though, I'd prefer DOFP as well). Too bad we got the wrong Zod recently, I want that Stamp.

It's a pity thise three wish lists weren't from Marvel Iron Man or Nolan Batman crap because then they'd surely see the light of day.

a-dev
06-18-2014, 08:36 AM
I've taken to opening threads I'm not interested in because they're more likely to throw up a bad boy :lol But with no luck :monkey2

I'm sure I found one recently.....but...I was negligent. I did not immediately go to the badboy thread as I should have done and as a consequence it is lost to us all. :(

The Chev
06-18-2014, 05:28 PM
That Hawkeye's a good idea, because it would be cheap, and it would sell. If Hot Toys thought if it, they would probably do it.

That is kind of a cool idea. Especially, if he's in all black.

amvmm
06-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Hot Toys :

- IM Shotgun,NightClub and Bones
- Batman Begins Suit update
- A new Indiana Jones
- Batman Returns( Bats,Cats and Penguin)
- A new Alien and Ripley
- Rambo
- Marty,Doc and Delorean
- All Star Wars characters + X-Wing + Millenium Falcon
- All Mass Effect characters + Normandy
- Batman Arkham
- Assassins Creed
- John McClane
- Neo,Morpheus and Trinity
- Old Magneto and Old Prof.X
- All Lord of the Rings characters

I think is enough for this year!:lol :lol

Blade3327
06-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Maybe Hot Toys could finally announce that they're expanding their Comic Masterpiece series to include American comic books? The Avengers movie figures sell so ridiculously well, why wouldn't they do the comic versions? Blows my mind they haven't made this happen this yet.

Taskmaster, Deadpool, Cable, Mr. Sinister, Gambit, Storm, Dr. Strange... maybe some larger figures like Apocalypse, too? :D

Actually, if Sideshow could start making Marvel figures that'd work too.

batfan08
06-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Shouldn't be too long and we should see their Convention Exclusives...

amvmm
06-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Shouldn't be too long and we should see their Convention Exclusives...

Last year Hot Toys announced Colton,Star Spangled and Evil Sup July,8

CallMeTheDoctor
06-24-2014, 10:52 AM
DC: 60's Batgirl PF, Pfeiffer Catwoman PF, Batgirl(s) PF, Mera PF, Talia PF, Zatanna PF, Cheetah PF, Aquaman and Black Manta PF, Starfire/Blackfire PF

Marvel: Black Cat comiquette, JSC X-Men Line CQ, new Rogue and Psylocke PF, classic comic Mystique PF, Kitty Pryde, Phoenix.

Star Wars: Mara Jade, Leia, Padme, new Darth Talon PF.

Disney: Jolificent PF, or anything DISNEY!

An announcement for a GoT line. Would love to have a Daenarys Stormborn PF!

karamazov80
06-24-2014, 10:57 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think SSC usually has SDCC exclusives (though maybe they have in the past, like some of those rare Elektras). New SDCC announcements, sure.

Blade3327
06-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Don't remember what happened last year, but they have had exclusives. Some Clones, the Mouser comiquette, maybe a Joe or two...

creature4000
06-26-2014, 08:49 AM
I just want some surprises and items on display that we haven't seen before.

amvmm
07-01-2014, 02:39 AM

Darkseed
07-01-2014, 02:41 AM

Curiosity peaked......

amvmm
07-01-2014, 02:48 AM
My guess it's a 1/4 Joker and 1/6 Diecast Mark 3 or 1/4 Mark 3. No clue about the Predator.

Darkseed
07-01-2014, 02:53 AM
Money saved if 1/4 no interest in that scale...hoping for 1/6,

nexus
07-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Hope that isn't it. Another Predator, another Joker, another Iron Man. No new characters. I might get the Iron Man if it's the black and gold armor and the Predator if its the ancient version and 1/6. But really no Lady Sif, Heimdall, Faora, Neytiri? Good grief. I guess they are sticking with the characters they feel will be quick sell-throughs.

CallMeTheDoctor
07-01-2014, 07:13 AM
They look to be in 1:6.

Much doubt seeing Joker in 4.

Darkseed
07-02-2014, 04:15 AM
Wish list and predictions two different animals but I'll play. I know the design will be simple or a repaint so:

Wish list: 1 Marvel, 1 DC, 1 Random

I called it. HT you lost the element of surprising folks

Underworld54
07-06-2014, 06:59 PM
My wish list of impossibilities:
Underworld Selene 1/6 scale figure
New Mulder & Scully 1/6 scale figures

CallMeTheDoctor
07-06-2014, 07:29 PM
My wish list of impossibilities:
Underworld Selene 1/6 scale figure
New Mulder & Scully 1/6 scale figures