Will there be Edge of Tomorrow action figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highly doubtful considering Cruise, as far as I know, has never given permission for his likeness to be used. Too bad to as a 1/6 scale Hot Toys version of Major Cage and Rita in their accelerator suits would be badass to the max.

It would be amazing if these were made, but I highly doubt we will see an officially licensed version. Because the original story is based on a Japanese novel, I think the movie could have a fairly big fanbase in Asia, and that always influences if figures get made. Plus bootleg Tom Cruise figures always seem to do well over there.

Don't need a Tom Cruise figure.. just Emily Blunt as the Full Metal B**ch.. erm.. I mean the 'Angel of Verdun'.. in mecha Battle Suit! :rock

And Emily Blunt is needed for... Other reasons.
g4deb0b3c.gif

It's a Warner Brother's Movie which Hot Toys has the license for. It wouldn't be a lot different than making Tony's first Iron Man suit and somewhat similar. I was totally taken with the Aliens. Thank you for making something that's not human or earth based like most creatures with heads and limbs. The movie rocked from start to finish and is one not to be missed. In my opinion if Hot Toys can get the licence that it's going to be a top selling line of figures. Even if you don't like Tom he is hugely popular in Asia. Looking forward to the future in hopes to see some figures.....

...Too bad to as a 1/6 scale Hot Toys version of Major Cage and Rita in their accelerator suits would be badass to the max.

I was thinking this exact same thing as soon as I first saw them battling in them. I would buy these in a heartbeat.

I would think that, if anyone were to do them, it'd be ThreeZero. They've got a relationship with Time Warner through their HBO stuff, they seem to be trying to build their repertoire of licenses with new properties like Robocop, TWD, and Game of Thrones, and the mech suits seem like they'd be right in their forte. One thing, though, is there any knowledge of Tom Cruise's stance on likeness rights, etc.? I don't think I've ever seen a licensed Tom Cruise action figure (though that doesn't mean they can't exist), and I just wondered if that Scientology hoopla might preach against it in some way (I.e. "do not idolize yourself in the presence of great Xenu on Level 22" :lol).

The movie is doing much better now and has grossed over $237,649,000 worldwide. Maybe that will help and there could be a possibility of the figures being created.

i would buy the **** out EDGE OF TOMORROW sixth scale figures. every one. hope it happens. the movie is awesome.

Highly doubtful considering Cruise, as far as I know, has never given permission for his likeness to be used. Too bad to as a 1/6 scale Hot Toys version of Major Cage and Rita in their accelerator suits would be badass to the max.

Medicom is sad you choose to ignore their glorious contributions.

medicomcruise.jpg

Back