What are some good Superman stories in TPB?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for some good Superman stories, preferably in TPB. I've read/got the following:

Absolute Superman: For Tomorrow
Absolute Superman: All-Star Superman
Kingdom Come
Superman Earth One (vol 1 and 2)
War of Supermen
Last Son
Secret Origin
Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
Death, World Without and Return of Superman
Red Son

Thanks

Last edited:
Superman Secret Identity by Busiek. One of the best Superman stories ever! Its a 4 book series.

It isn't a straight Superman TPB but DC Universe the Stories of Alan Moore has 2 pretty good Superman stories:

1 - Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
2 - For the Man Who Has Everything

If you watch Justice League Unlimited they did a pretty accurate version of the second story but the first story is from the mid-80's and DC was going to re-boot Superman with John Byrne so Alan Moore offered to write a story that is the "Death" of the Silver Age Superman. Alan Moore is a genius, the only thing I can say.

I'd also suggest Superman Batman Public Enemies, Superman Batman Supergirl and Superman Batman Vengeance. These are indeed team ups but Jeph Loeb, to me, is one of the greatest Superman writers of all-time and really gives a great understanding to the character even in a team setting with Batman, Wonder Woman and Supergirl.

Superman Secret Identity by Busiek. One of the best Superman stories ever! Its a 4 book series.

Thank you. Will look into these.

It isn't a straight Superman TPB but DC Universe the Stories of Alan Moore has 2 pretty good Superman stories:

1 - Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
2 - For the Man Who Has Everything

If you watch Justice League Unlimited they did a pretty accurate version of the second story but the first story is from the mid-80's and DC was going to re-boot Superman with John Byrne so Alan Moore offered to write a story that is the "Death" of the Silver Age Superman. Alan Moore is a genius, the only thing I can say.

I'd also suggest Superman Batman Public Enemies, Superman Batman Supergirl and Superman Batman Vengeance. These are indeed team ups but Jeph Loeb, to me, is one of the greatest Superman writers of all-time and really gives a great understanding to the character even in a team setting with Batman, Wonder Woman and Supergirl.

I have the first one. As for For the Man who has everything, I'm having difficulty finding it. Nothing on eBay or Amazon. Really want a Hardcover version of all of these.

I saw the episode on JL long time ago and it was great.

For the Man who has everything, I'm having difficulty finding it. Nothing on eBay or Amazon. Really want a Hardcover version of all of these.

I saw the episode on JL long time ago and it was great.

It's included in the Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? HC that came out a few years back.

Just talking about great Superman stories makes me want to go back and read them. Two of the best Superman stories ever written. Moore gets Superman.

Back