Display Cabinet Lighting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose-moore

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey guys

Was just wondering what sort of lighting (if any) you use in your display cabinets...

I currently have a single detolf with the single kind of spot light at the top that sits through the hole that they have at the top.

The problem is, that the light is kind of positioned slightly towards the back (this is due to where the hole at the top is), as a result it lights up the back of my figures, making the front of them dark, and only really lights the top shelf.

I see in a lot of youtube videos, that people use these LED bars, Can anyone recommend any? and what sort of price i'd be looking at?

Much thanks! :wink1:

ikea sells a "dioder" light which is the one you see in pictures and videos. the problem is i havent seen that clear white light in their stores in quite some time. they've replaced it with a piss colored light that looks absolutely terrible.

Fabulous!

So what you're saying is, I should've done a search before posting - Thanks Captain hindsight! :yess: :rotfl

Custom LEDs strips wired to every shelf with 16 colors and IR remote.

14011284183_fbd88e2dba_z.jpg

I like the natural colored dioders they sell at IKEA. I position mine at the front left corner and run the wire along the front bars. That gives some directional lighting as opposed to a spot light look. For me no matter what, I position them in the corners. I am an artist, so I just apply similar principles in lighting my art as I do with these cabinets. I am not a huge fan of the strip lighting because it feels a bit like a fluorescent lit room.

Where'd you pick them up from?

Oh, I had it commissioned by a guy who does LEDs. I think the best route for you might be the Ikea ones. I would have as well if if Ikea wasn't so far from where I live.

I got some multi colour Dioder LED strips. From Ikea

I like the natural colored dioders they sell at IKEA. I position mine at the front left corner and run the wire along the front bars. That gives some directional lighting as opposed to a spot light look. For me no matter what, I position them in the corners. I am an artist, so I just apply similar principles in lighting my art as I do with these cabinets. I am not a huge fan of the strip lighting because it feels a bit like a fluorescent lit room.

:drool:drool:drool

Back