Statue Apatosaurus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, nice, liking the paint scheme. I don't have the Apato so it temps a little, though he's so long.

Not sure yet if I like this paint job over the original, but from the recent re-releases I probably will. Need this one anyway, so hoping it's a good one.

I'm curious about this one but may pass on this...I can't have two LONG Apatosauruses in my room...it's just not fair to the other dinosaurs...they are long ... and they get two parking lots...

Why does it say, "formerly known as Brontosaurus"? What's now known as "Brontosaurus"?

And I think these wild colors they paint these dinos with are a bit much. That always seems to be my first thought when I'm seeing these sculpts for the first time.

In an unrelated story, Pluto is no longer a planet.

:D

I know... I'm a smarta$$.

Not sure I'm digging this or the Carnotaurus repaints. Having both originals though I don't feel as inclined to pick these up given my feelings on the colorations.

But I will say the Apatosaurus is crazy long and having to place two of these bad boys somewhere would be difficult given my space limitations (ie. where my wife allows me to display them).

Hmm, Apatosaurus is the only Dinosauria I didn't pick up first time (aside from the bronzed versions) due to what I thought was a bit of an uninspiring paintjob.
This new version may just tempt me......ah who am I kidding.....off to pre-order!

I want to see actuall pics from buyers rather than the perfect proto, just wait...

I'll probably get this guy, I almost brought the original on the bay, thank goodness I did not. It's a cool sculpt and this paintjob is an improvement, no doubts there.

Think I'll pose it next to my fossil Diplodocus chevron (tail bone) that I bought, not exactly the same species but close enough.

Old vs new, note the different base:

200134-apatosaurus-001.jpg

20001343_press08.jpg

Old one has a more glossy finish I noticed.

For you guys that have the origional...how much of an issue was that long tail? It looks really easy to break. Almost 4ft long...wow.

For you guys that have the origional...how much of an issue was that long tail? It looks really easy to break. Almost 4ft long...wow.

Went through 4 of them - from both Sideshow and eBay - never managed to get one with an unbroken tail. Badly cracked every time. I hope maybe they have a solution for it this time, but I doubt it somehow.

Back