Statue Carnotaurus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the colouring but as with the other repaints it's not enough to entice me to have two of the same statue.

I'd love to see a repainted version Tupuxuara.
You're right SimFeliz! Why give money away for something you already have in the collection?
* Clearly this move from Sideshow is exclusive for those who are just starting to collect this line. But what about us Sideshow?

I have the original and paid a bit for him, but I admit that I really do like the new paint scheme on this one. I don't think I like it enough to buy a second Carnotaurus or try to sell my old one to buy the new one, though.

Frak this, I got the original and paid a fortune for it on the bay, well there goes the resale value out the window. To add insult to injury the new paintjob looks pretty slick.

Sigh, how annoying.

With the exception of Spinosaurus, I prefer the original color schemes of the planned re-releases so far.

Anyways, the re-releases are great for collectors that are new to the line or for those that missed certain pieces, but it is also a kick in the teeth to a lot of people, especially to those that paid extreme amount of $$$ to get the orginal pieces on ebay etc.

But since SSC are continuously announcing Dinosauria re-releases, I sincerely hope that they re-release the Euoplocephalus egg maquette. I have mentioned about it in another thread, but it is the certain piece which loyal fans of the line failed to obtain due to it's extremely limited quantity and flippers.

I almost bought the Apatosaurus the first time 'round, but backed out due to lack of space. I still have that problem now, though it's still calling my name... :lol

New Apato paints look good, but I prefer the old Carno paint patterns. But overall, Sideshow is definitely stepping up to the plate with these more elaborate paint patterns. Finally, our voices are being heard.

Nice scheme on both tbh, he Apato looks a touch more exotic now which is cool.

It is up for pre-order. I'm finally taking the plunge into Dinosauria land. Had the first Styracosaurus that I find quite by accident on a retailers site almost a year after it's release. Ended up selling it because I didn't have anywhere to display it at the time.

Carnotaurus Statue by Sideshow Collectibles

I was super excited after the preview, but now that I see the dimensions I'm quite sad. Seriously this looks incredibly small, I know I'm probably the only one, but I wanted to fit it in my fantasy collection along with pieces like ARH Minotaurus, SS Diablo Overthrown, various Conans... but it gets dwarfed by any single one of them. Even most of the Hot Toys dolls dwarf this piece :(

I'll have more belief in these more complex paint jobs when and if they are actually produced well by the Asian artists.

Carnotaurus : I'm instantly reminded of Diablo from Primal Rage. The scheme isn't working for me..outlining his lips in black make it looks like he has a big mustache...I guess it lends to the demonic feel they were going for apparently. I also not the teeth look too rounded..not the sharp ones the original had..maybe the mold degraded ?

Apatosaurus : looks great, hopefully they can keep all that subtle shading intact and it won't be just brown and creme.

Back