Guardians of the Galaxy - Hasbro Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got some new toys from Amazon. And I stress, these are TOYS. I think they're fun, but I can see them not being for every adult collector for sure. I got Rocket's ship from the 2.5'' line, and also got Star Lord's blaster.

Rocket's ship - VERY cool design. The stickers add a lot of color. The wings pivot up and down. You can attach all the (rather oddly shaped) weapons to it to deck it out, but I won't display it that way. The weapons can also attach to Rocket's back to make a kind-of jet pack. It's interesting that this is his ship and they didn't really make a good way for him to "sit" in it since he's not articulated. The space is pretty big in the cockpit (obviously made to fit any figure) so he just kind of lays in there. LOL. The Rocket figure is nicely done and painted for such a little figure. It's not in the instructions as an actual play feature, but the bottom does come off and looks like a separate glider vehicle to me. I'm sure it's probably just the way it was constructed, but I think it looks neat separated, too.

14289385511_84cf189ccd_z.jpg

Wings folded up
14290751512_74939d85ae_z.jpg

With the other weird weapons attached
14106034559_bdd5ea1e5e_z.jpg

The sort-of jet pack you can make for Rocket out of the wings.
14292200864_68807ddc3c_z.jpg

The unofficial action feature where you can separate the bottom and top half.
14290751642_9ec101daeb_z.jpg

3 3/4'' Size comparison shot (keep mind the 2.5'' scale Rocket figure is shorter because he's in scale with those figures.
14291016811_93d2ed0163_z.jpg

Got the other two GotG ships in today. Man, I love these things! As a sci-fi geek and a designer, I really appreciate the ship designs. And they seem nicely translated. First up is the Nova Corp Star Blaster. A simple design in some ways, but the color scheme is killer, and the unfolding wings look SO COOL. The Nova Corps member is well-painted. I wish there was an easy way to army-build them with weapons they could actually hold, though. One note - all those red stripes? Stickers. I pity the child putting those on.

14299669105_c22dcb028c_z.jpg

14113016898_e21444a9b5_z.jpg

And last but not least, the Milano! I love the design of this one as well. It's a little sad some of the color on the wings is achieved via stickers as it doesn't match the nice metallic paint well. But at least we were given a lot of stickers to finish off the look. Even for the underside, which is appreciated. They add a lot. The lights and sounds are nice enough, but in a weird way this ship is probably the least fun to play with because it doesn't have as many moving parts. I was VERY happy you can fit three figures inside! It always annoys me when you have a representation of a large ship that only fits one figure.

14276532426_89836eaffc_z.jpg

14319840933_e96b56f308_z.jpg

More pics on my Flickr if you want to see them: https://www.flickr.com/photos/31045631@N00/

Wow They look great, normally I dont purchase these type of toys and usually stick to memorabilia and posters etc... to display next to my 1/6 figures, but these I will get just for fun.

Could you imagine a 1/6 scale Milano :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Thanks for the pics! I think I'm getting every guardians toy available! My Star Lord blaster should be here today from Amazon!

Wow They look great, normally I dont purchase these type of toys and usually stick to memorabilia and posters etc... to display next to my 1/6 figures, but these I will get just for fun.

Could you imagine a 1/6 scale Milano :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

LOL. I think you'd need a separate house for just the Milano. LOL.
They are a ton of fun so far.

I didn't know these were out yet. I'll have to look them up :)

No luck at brick and mortar, but a few online shops have them. TRU has it for BOGO 40% off.

Thanks for the pics! I think I'm getting every guardians toy available! My Star Lord blaster should be here today from Amazon!

I'm in a similar boat. Right now I have the rest of the 2.5'' 2-packs, the Marvel Legends, and the Light and SFX Star Lord and Rocket figures coming. Not sure what else I'll get. Though I did get Star Lord's Blaster, which is fun. I got the dinky prop mask to put next to it. I'd love for someone to do a high-quality replica of his blaster and mask, though.

GotG toys for the win! Love these guys.

•*The lights and sounds Rocket is AWESOME. He shakes around and lights up as he fires the rifle, which lights up different colors. he says phrases, and his gun also runs out of "ammo" and you have to reload it.

• Lights and sounds Star Lord is a nice, big representation of the character but has very limited articulation. His accessories are cool, though.

•*The Marvel Legends figures are great, mostly. Very nice paint apps, including some neat metallics on Gamora. Star Lord is my favorite of the bunch. I might need to buy a second to put the Peter Quill head on.

• The 2.5'' toys are a lot of fun with the ships. It's cool to get so many of them and do some army building for not much money. I wish there was a Kree ship in the mix, though. Also, the worst thing about them is that they don't have properly scaled weapons for them. Some of the transparent ones are close-ish, though.

14353690661_5360ac694c_z.jpg

14170340619_2ccb7ec0e3_z.jpg

Thanks for posting, JonWes! I was curious about the ships but it's hard to tell from the limited photos on TRU etc. I will definitely be getting them (and their LEGO counterparts).

Just got my set of Legends. Can't wait to snap Groot together.

No problem! I was really happy with the quality of them overall. I hope they are a hit and they make more.

Good news about sales of the figures. Out of the gate, anyway:
In April, Amazon sold out of six-inch “Guardians” action figures from Hasbro within their first three days of release through the e-tailer, with a majority of the sales occurring in the first day. It marked the best pre-order for toys Amazon has had to date.

Last edited:
No problem! I was really happy with the quality of them overall. I hope they are a hit and they make more.

Good news about sales of the figures. Out of the gate, anyway:

I have a question and based on your excellent review of these vehicles I'm thinking you may be a good person to answer it. I really only collect 3 3/4-inch scale figures, and, of course, they didn't release any 3 3/4-inch GOTG figures based on the movie. How do you feel about the scale of these vehicles? Do you think they would look OK on the shelf with 3 3/4-inch customs or any 3 3/4-inch GOTG figures I cobble together? I saw your one comparison shot with the comic series Quill but it's still hard to tell how ridiculous the larger figures might look compared with the cockpits, etc. of the smaller vehicles. Any thoughts? I'm basically just looking for GOTG product to help round out my Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's really messing me up that they didn't release at least a few 3 3/4-inch figures at least like they did recently with Thor: The Dark World and CA 2. :)

I have a question and based on your excellent review of these vehicles I'm thinking you may be a good person to answer it. I really only collect 3 3/4-inch scale figures, and, of course, they didn't release any 3 3/4-inch GOTG figures based on the movie. How do you feel about the scale of these vehicles? Do you think they would look OK on the shelf with 3 3/4-inch customs or any 3 3/4-inch GOTG figures I cobble together? I saw your one comparison shot with the comic series Quill but it's still hard to tell how ridiculous the larger figures might look compared with the cockpits, etc. of the smaller vehicles. Any thoughts? I'm basically just looking for GOTG product to help round out my Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's really messing me up that they didn't release at least a few 3 3/4-inch figures at least like they did recently with Thor 2 and CA 2. :)

I'm gonna hold out hope that now that the movie was a hit and the franchise will continue, we'll eventually see some star wars size ships, etc.

Back