Darth Vader- Deluxe vs Mythos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moeror

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I am in a real conundrum. I was gonna pre-order Mythos Vader finally. I really dig the whole looking at his mask and seeing Vaders face. That was my fav aspect of the whole statue. Was really emotional. Then i checked out the Deluxe Vader they released recently. It has the same no helmet looking at his helmet in is hand that I like in mythos and seems to come with alot more extras. what do you all think? Mythos version or Deluxe?

How about both? :D

11989793203_8a905140fd_b.jpg

I am in a real conundrum. I was gonna pre-order Mythos Vader finally. I really dig the whole looking at his mask and seeing Vaders face. That was my fav aspect of the whole statue. Was really emotional. Then i checked out the Deluxe Vader they released recently. It has the same no helmet looking at his helmet in is hand that I like in mythos and seems to come with alot more extras. what do you all think? Mythos version or Deluxe?

First off - understand that the Deluxe is 1/6 scale and is poseable. He comes with more options and is more "toy like." The Mythos is 1/5 scale and is not poseable as he is fully sculpted (couple of switch out parts).

The Mythos, without question, is the one I would choose. That line of statues was beautifully done and they are worth every bit of their price. The Mythos line has been cancelled and these will only get harder (and more expensive) to find.

The Deluxe Vader, while a very nice figure, will be available for some time. And being that this is the 2nd 1/6 version of him, there will be another as he is a popular character and sells well.

Yeah i think you are right. There arent gonna be anymore Mythos figures. Even if i do end up not liking it i could always sell it and switch to 1/6. Mythos it is!

Depends if you are into statues or toys. I'm into statues so I would say get the Mythos hands down. The Mythos is also the most unique Vader statue I have ever seen. You might also want to wait though to see what the new Vader Premium Format is going to look like when he comes out, which shouldn't be too long. Also the new Vader PF is going to be mixed media while the Mythos is fully sculpted.

own both and am into both statues and 1/6. if budget is your concern and collect both lines,go for the mythos. the line is dead plus you wouldn't have to worry about mods, upgrades, nor leather peeling later on.

Boils down to dolls or art in my opinion

Art!? Hmm I suppose it is very reminiscent of Picasso's orange splooge movement....:rotfl

Jokes aside, it is hard to say unless you see each in person. I love the idea behind the mythos but you are really rolling the dice on what you get. I've seen two, one was great and the second had one of the worst paint apps I've seen on a statue....ever. I can't comment on the Deluxe as have never seen it in person.

Good luck deciding!

Back