Modification/Customization for MMS 218/219 BATMAN & ROBIN 1966 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHaleyArt

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Feel free to post your Mods for these figures.
I can't tell you how pleased I was to get these guys. I used to run home from school as fast as I could to watch this show. I believe it was 1974 or 75. It was on at 3 or 3:30 on channel 32, I think. Remember UHF channels?

So. I didn't really think that Hot Toy's approach the Batman's body was all that good. It didn't suck... but I wish they had chosen a better method or even sculpted some new parts. I mean, ~True Type Body, Chest Plate (from Captain America, I believe), Padded Upper Body, More Padding for the Tummy and even More Padding for the Groin. It was just odd.

I combined parts from the Batman body and an Enterbay MIB body.
After taking the upper torsos apart, the inside of the Enterbay need a bit of shaving to fit to HTs Mid Joint. Make the hole just a LITTLE BIT bigger in the HT joint and it fits firmly into the EB inner torso.
i.jpg

Put the Arms and Neck Joint back in and screw back together. I opted to keep the one layer of HT padding, because it makes the Plastic Seam disappear. edit: I did put the Black Body Suit over this.
fgh.jpg

I used a SSC Prometheus Neck Joint here. It's longer and solves the problem of Batman's Neck popping out every time you give it a more extreme pose. This would also work if you just wanted to change out the Neck Peg on your HT body.
j.jpg

This was a test fit with the Complete HT Arms. You can't really see them here, but they were just too thin and awkward for my liking.
b.jpga.jpg

I wanted to keep the articulation that the HT arms had, so I didn't use the EB forearm. They're a bit to thick for the Glove Gauntlets to sit comfortably. You could do it, but posing them would be difficult.
I shaved out the inside of the EB Biceps a little so the New Joints would fit in farther. The New Elbows are, Upper:Dam Toys, Lower HT TT. You could use something else...these were handy and fit.
k.jpg

The icing on the cake (or clothing on the superhero) was Tony & Crystal's Custom Cape and Grey Suit. I like the Color and Cut better.
e.jpgc.jpgd.jpgl.jpg

Now for ROBIN.
I didn't really do much at all. The Cape could sit just a little prettier...not much, though. It's a very nice overall outfit.
I picked up a spare inner Robin suit and cut the Leggings out.
I removed Robin's uniform and put on the Spare Leggings and then put the suit back on. This doesn't solve the knee joints showing (doesn't really bother me), but if you don't double them up, you see through just the one layer.
The only other thing I did, was tighten up Robin's shirt, bringing his Sleeves up a bit.
r.jpgs.jpg

I put them on an Old Sideshow Dungeon Base that I've had forever. Like the fact that they on the same base.
I'm really not a fan of the 'nut grabber' holders, so I opted for waste holders.
p.jpgq.jpg
o.jpgm.jpg

Last edited:
First thing I thought when I saw this thread was "Really? People are modding this already, it looks fine". Then looked at the pics and then I shut my dumb mouth. This looks fanfreakingtasic. Awesome job!

that enterbay amalgamation body looks killer on batman! great idea dude, i may follow suit. thanks for the inspiration!

also, love the idea of the two of them on one base

Last edited:
Thanks, guys! I wanted to use as much of the Enterbay body as possible, but I always opt for durability first. I don't like fragile customs. Enterbay's lower legs where a bit thick, same problem as the forearms. I really like the Knee area on them, but I wanted the solid foot pegs sitting in the Bat Boots. EB's feet are totally different and a pain to modify to where they're sturdy enough for HT peg boots.

i opted to also include the black inner bodysuit as i feel it better disguises the knee joints and doesnt bulk the rest up all that much, otherwise im on the same setup as you and loving it! thanks again!

i opted to also include the black inner bodysuit as i feel it better disguises the knee joints and doesnt bulk the rest up all that much, otherwise im on the same setup as you and loving it! thanks again!
oops...I forgot that part. I do have the black body suit on mine as well.

I further Frankensteined the bodies to solve the knee issue and just get the overall look right. Still want to do a bit with Robin, but here we are.
I'll post a rundown later, if people are interested.

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

70.jpg

69.jpg

72.jpg

84.jpg

Your prior mods to these figures were impressive, but those knee modifications take it to another place! Another layer of realism added! Top work!

I love your upgrades ! You've taken these to a whole different level. I'm interested in how you managed to achieve such realistic looking legs.

Does Robin have Enterbay Bruce Lee legs ? I'm not sure what type Batman has. Still impressive !
They're not Bruce Lee legs, but the other legs that used to be standard with whatever figure included the rubber chest. Batman has Easy & Simple 1/6 figure upper legs but with different knee/shins...can't remember which ones now.

Back