Medicom Pleather Suit & Body Swap question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have this Medicom Kamen Rider RAH 100 which i bought many many years ago, decided to open it up today, was expecting something like melted suits but to my surprise the only damage done in the process of removing it from the plastic tray was 2 small patch of pleater coming off.

I touched the suit, articulate it abit, well, seems the suit is still 90% fine. It does crack if you force it.

My initial plans was to remove the top pleather layer assuming the suit is in bad condition, now i might just keep it as it is for now.

I'm wondering:

1.Medicom uses different types of Pleather/spandex suit for different figures, I removed a rubber spandex catsuit's top shinny rubber layer before and the outcome was black fabric suit which is not too bad. However I never done it on thicker pleather suits like this Rider 1, i look tru the small patch and see that it's not totally black fabric underneath, not 100% sure, so i'm wondering has anyone tried removing the flaking vinyl layer and how does it look like after the process?

2.Anyone done a Body swap with Hot Toys body on Medicom figure?

I remember seeing some websites talking about fixing broken Medicom Rider figures & fixing the suit & body swap however i can't google the page anymore. I remember them showing the pics however forgot what language it's in (which doesn't matter since i just want to know how it look like).

The problem with Pleather and elasticated clothing is, it will deteriorate over time.. so you effectively have three options: Keep it as it is (ie. 90% ok).. Sell it (with the Pleather fault duly noted in the listing).. or use the Medicom body and non-Pleather parts of the costume for a kit bash.

i've dealth with pleather well enough to know.

you always have option 3 to remove the top vinyl layer of the jacket & left with just the fabric.

i'm just wondering anyone done it with the thicker jacket seems they use rougher fabric for those thus might not look as good as say Darth Vader.

also anyone did a body swap with Hot Toys True Type for their Kamen Rider series?

The problem with Pleather and elasticated clothing is, it will deteriorate over time.. so you effectively have three options: Keep it as it is (ie. 90% ok).. Sell it (with the Pleather fault duly noted in the listing).. or use the Medicom body and non-Pleather parts of the costume for a kit bash.

Back