My Cordy review...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
The latest in the Buffy/Angel universe to come out of Sideshow is Cordelia Chase, from the 100th episode of Angel, titled "You're Welcome". She's been a character, along with Giles, that fans have been looking forward to for quite some time. She has her flaws - and unfortunately suffers from both a oversized head and a lazy eye - and yet she still manages to look pretty damn good. Sideshow has absolutely got to do something about getting the body/head proportions right however.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

So is the eye problem more noticeable in photos than real life? It seems in some shots its not so bad, but others very distracting...

Also, I guess Connor needs to learn to keep his hands to himself :lol

review_cordelia_8.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

It's more noticable in photos because photos tend to be larger than the actual head is in real life. That doesn't mean it's not noticable, just not as much as say, the PF Buffy where on the larger figure it's much easier to see.

I just got Cordelia today, and I'm quite satisfied with her. With the exception of the lazy eye (SSC needs to correct this - it's getting ridiculous) she's great, IMO. The likeness is good, I love the sculpt of the hair, and I don't see the melon head that everyone's been describing. She's very pretty, and her clothes fit her nice.

I think she came out fantastic aside from that damn lazy eye. I don't get the Willow comparisons.

Me, either. I think Willow was awful, but Cordelia is one of the better female figures of the line, IMO.

The weird thing about the lazy eye is this, her pupil is right where it should be in the middle of the eye, the iris however is off to the side putting the pupil close to the inside edge of the iris.

I couldn't get the hands off of mine without a blowdryer. She's definitely going to get a swap with Graduation Day Buffy very soon.

screamingmetal said:
I couldn't get the hands off of mine without a blowdryer. She's definitely going to get a swap with Graduation Day Buffy very soon.

I'd highly recommend the swap. It does fix the head thing a bit.

wow she looks like a ripper! Fantastic! Your pics are wonderful, looks like a highlight in the line to me.

Michael, it's always a pleasure reading your reviews from top to bottom. It made me want to get my hands on Cordy even more. The last pic is sensational, you caught Cordy in a very specific pose of "You're Welcome" that I love. I'll be posing her like that :)

The eyes just absolutely kill this figure for me. They are plenty noticeable in real life, in hand, or however you'd like to refer to them. Inexcusable.

Too bad, this could have been a really really great figure.

Don't get me wrong, the lazy eye bothers me and I think Sideshow needs to fix that issue because there's no excuse for it.

But I don't feel that Cordelia is ruined because of it. Without the eye issue, I would call her excellent. With the eye issue, she's still great. IMO.

Without everyone calling attention to the eye issue, I doubt I would have even noticed it.

Anyone want to pop off the hair sculpt so we can see her bald?

Darklord Dave said:
Without everyone calling attention to the eye issue, I doubt I would have even noticed it.

Actually if you pose her with the head tilted its not as noticable. To be honest - I didn't notice it till I read about it here.

Darklord Dave said:

Does her hair come off then? From the photo's it only looks like her 'bangs' are seperate. Has anyone got the whole 'wig' off? I'd love to re-mould her head and shrink it down a little and then re-cast it. So loosing the hair would make things a whole lot easier.

Darklord Dave said:

I doubt I would have noticed it either if I hadn't read so much about it here. I made sure I didn't mention it to my husband and daughters to see if they'd notice and at first they didn't. I had to ask them to take a good look to see if they could find anything wrong.

sueworld said:
Does her hair come off then? From the photo's it only looks like her 'bangs' are seperate. Has anyone got the whole 'wig' off? I'd love to re-mould her head and shrink it down a little and then re-cast it. So loosing the hair would make things a whole lot easier.
Ah, you read my mind! I was thinking about this since I first saw her in person. If anyone recasts her head smaller please let me know.
A guy on the Star Wars side of the forum just shrunk down a mold of a SW head and made a cast from that. That would skip a step and save costs, not sure about the quality of the the cast in this procedure.
The hair on mine is glued on very well, I think brute force is the only thing that'll pull it off.
Maybe submerging the head in hot water will help pull the hair off?

Last edited:
Looking at the photo's I don't think that the main body of the hair is meant to come off. As I said just the 'bangs' look like they could be taken off (by force!).

I could just about get away with creating some form of silicone mould of the front half of her face at least, and then maybe sculpting the rest of the hair myself.

Does the main part of her hair look like it's part of her head rather then a seperate peice added on?

I checked and all of her hair is a separate piece or pieces. The back right side of mine is actually pulling away from the back of the head, the whole thing might come off with a little force.

Back