ACI body "Christian" - Quality Control issues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Convotron

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I apologize if this isn't the right area of the forum to post the question in but this is the most appropriate spot from what I can gather.

I just received an ACI Christian body to use for a custom project. However, there seems to be issues with joint movement due to ill fitting parts.

I had to apply what I view as unnecessary force to move the elbows and one of the top hinge joints of the knees. From what I can see, the components of the joints are unevenly/uncleanly cut from the mold sprue. This seems to contribute to an improper fit of these parts together, resulting in initially locked joints, which now are freed up except for one knee(the top hinge joint). I can see spots where 1/8 of an inch of excess plastic from the sprue is still on the parts.

Is this a fluke issue? Has anyone else encountered similar problems with their ACI Christian body(ies)?

I really want to utilize the ACI Christian and Bruce bodies for custom projects and body swaps where appearance of exposed flesh(particularly the arms) are important. However, I am wary of purchasing more ACI bodies if such poor QC is common with the products.

If any experienced ACI body users would chime in with their experiences with the bodies they've bought, I would appreciate it very much!

Run hot hot water over the joints and slowly bend them, they should loosen up after that. Aci joints are a lot tighter than normal bodies though.

Thank you very much for the advice!

Here's hoping the Bruce body is less problematic for me.

I didn't like the Christian body. I bought the "Caucasian" version and just holding the figure to more the elbows/knees the paint rubbed right off just like that. then when trying to crunch the abs, the chest bit scratched the ab area. If the paint was better with a chest made of soft rubber/pvc the body would be a winner but unfortunately I won't be buying any more ACI bodies

I had the opposite problem.I bought one for a Custom and pretty much all the Joints were really loose and floppy.

Although in saying that,the 2 ACI complete figures i have bought the Bodies have been fine.

Back