The Crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoodonit00

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Someone else mentioned this comic in The Walking Dead thread. Anyone else read it? I thought it was really good when it started out. After awhile it seemed like it got away from a story and just tried to be gory/shocking. I was about to drop it when I started reading the latest story arc. Hooked me back in.

I read Garth Ennis' Crossed back in 2007 or 2008 when it came out. It undoubtedly contained the most disturbing and shocking two page spread I think I've ever seen in a comic book and I've seen some whoppers but that one took the cake. And that pretty much summed up that entire series. It was all shock and gore and really no substance. I dropped it after the first 10 issue arc from Ennis.

I haven't read the last 15 or so issues. I need to catch up. I agree that it was getting a little ridiculous with the really graphic gory bits. Hopefully the series will get a bit more story-driven instead of just pages and pages of gore for shock-value.

The story now is showing how it all started. Set in England I believe. 3 issues in and it's really good. I don't know if you read the story that had the 4 British soldiers who were going to nuke England to rid it of The Crossed. Not positive but I think this story centers on them when they were like secret service for the prime minister.

That sounds like what I'm more interested in from the series. I'd like to see how it all started and it would be great if there were more connections made between the characters/stories they've already touched on. I'll definitely start reading it again because I think it is a great series. I think I just had to take a break from it after binge-reading a few dozen issues.

I've gotten all the trades so far and I agree that initially it was just random stories about survivors and trying to shock people. I think there's 2 crossed series going on with one still being random stories but the main one that takes place in Scotland is good.

I remember the first trade I picked up all those years ago. The uber nerd behind the counter told me that it was so gory and violent that it actually made him throw up. I'll admit that as comics go, this one takes the cake for ultra violence but not once have I even felt revolted. Maybe it's all the horror flicks I watched as a kid/teenager that desensitized me.

I love this series, the latest seems like a real slow burn .. in a good sense. its one of the best comics I read at the moment

I've gotten all the trades so far and I agree that initially it was just random stories about survivors and trying to shock people. I think there's 2 crossed series going on with one still being random stories but the main one that takes place in Scotland is good.

I remember the first trade I picked up all those years ago. The uber nerd behind the counter told me that it was so gory and violent that it actually made him throw up. I'll admit that as comics go, this one takes the cake for ultra violence but not once have I even felt revolted. Maybe it's all the horror flicks I watched as a kid/teenager that desensitized me.

havent caught up with the latest release.

i have been following the web comic though, wish you were here.

funny thing about the crossed.
they'll...

eat you. rape you. kill you.

not necessarily in that order all the time.

Web comic? Please, do tell.
ETA I found it. Didn't know anything about this.

you have a lot to catch up with. but that beats waiting for a week for the next episode. :lol

There are a few TPBs out now. I've seen the first 2 trades for sure but I haven't looked to see how many more have been released.

I have 11.......

Best thing ever was a buddy had gotten me a book for Christmas I already owned so I took it back to exchanged. Decided to pick up whatever volume it was of crossed and went to the till where a super cute girl was at the till. So during the exchange she picks up the comic and goes "so what's it about?" And I'm like "uh.....it's a comic where a there's a virus outbreak around the world that turns people psychotic" and the entire time that I'm explaining it and she's look at the cover, all I keep thinking is "pleasedontflipthroughthepagespleasedontflipthroughthepages"

Thankfully she didn't.

what a wuss :rotfl:rotfl that's ridiculous.

i dont think a comic or drawing will ever make me sick like that. i don't think is possible.

what a wuss :rotfl:rotfl that's ridiculous.

i dont think a comic or drawing will ever make me sick like that. i don't think is possible.
Have you ever read one of these comics? It's about as extreme as you can get. If there were ratings for comics for sex and violence it would get an X. It's not a question of making someone sick. He just didn't want the hot counter girl to think he was a freak for reading stuff like this.

I am, I am not trying to say I am a badass or anything either. Is just that a cartoon could never make me sick. it made me laugh that the uber nerd would throw up :lol

and cannibal coprse did cd art like this decades ago :dunno

Last edited:
do they make these in the trade paper backs? or are they only released in the single issue comics right now?

there's badlands, there's psychopath(which is kinda double whammy, since its in the crossed universe), there's that 3d comic, the webcomic that's available in tpb too

oh and family values(if you're thinking about THAT, it most likely is. sex predator survivor leader)

Back